Hall & Oates - Sara Smile w/'67 Fender Bassman (Kemper)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by SkyhighRocks, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

This is such a cool, mellow but strong song. Fun jazz chords here and there too! I used 2 profiles of a '67 Fender Bassman on this...the rhythm is just the normal setting, clean, through a Fender 212 with EV SRO speakers (top hats). The lead/fills is the same Bassman but pushed through a Marshall 412 with greenbacks and boosted with a Road Rash overdrive. Not your typical setup for a Bassman but we wanted something different and it works here!

Kemper Profiles are available for download at: http://richardantonelli.com/a-m-audio-kemper-profiles (password is freeprofiles)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/richantonelli/am-audio-profiles-67-fender-bassman-demo[/SOUNDCLOUD]

We will be doing more profiles of cool amps and have a few ideas to try out in the near future. Check it out :wave

2. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Massive cool playing, and beautiful tone on both the rhythm and lead takes, well done!

3. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Excellent version!

It doesn't seem like it's been 40 years since that one was released.

4. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

thanks guys! It's a very well put together tune. How can you not like these guys?!

5. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

Nice playing and vocals.

Just curious; what position(s) do you use when playing the diminished chords?

6. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Thanks!

Hmmmm...trying to remember as I learned it quick and then recorded it. I was all over the neck with those chords but no higher than the 9th fret. If I can remember, I'll let you know!