Hall of Fame Reverb Pre-delay question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Motörheader, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Motörheader

Motörheader Member

hi. Just got a HOF.

I know what the pre-delay is supposed to do, however, I cant hear it do anything except when I have spring selected. Then, if I strum while toggling the switch back and forth I can hear a very slight sort of midrange boost and that is it. I cant hear it doing anything on any other setting.

Can someone with this pedal tell me if their pre-delay does anything noticeable or if it is extremely subtle or only noticed at very high volume etc...otherwise I am going to be tempted to take this back to the store and try another one.

Thanks alot

2. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

Since the effect you describe has nothing to do with what the pre-delay does.....lets be sure you do in fact know what you should experience.

With the switch set to short, you should hear reverb pretty much instantly.

With it set to long, you should should hear your dry signal for a few miliseconds before the reverb kicks in.

It is pretty subtle. Try setting the effect level to high levels so you can really hear the reverb. Then see if you don't notice the very short pause before the reverb kicks in on the "long" setting.

3. Motörheader

Motörheader Member

there is absolutely no delay between dry signal and reverb when switched to long. none. it is exactly the same as short

Tried flipping switch back and forth in each setting, twisting each knob to see if it would be more noticeable with some settings etc.. tried single notes back to back flipping the switch to hear a difference...nothing

The only thing I can hear, is what I described..a slight boost of midrange signal when I have spring reverb selected

Guess I will return it tomorrow.

4. Motörheader

Motörheader Member

went back to store and tried another one. Could not really detect anything happening with pre-delay switch on that one either. Decided to just keep mine and convince myself its normal or that it will have more of an effect at gigging volume

otherwise the pedal is awsome and beaming toneprints into my guitar pickup is about the coolest thing ive ever done with my iphone. very nice pedal