Halo Chorus finally lands!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gururyan, Sep 22, 2006.

1. gururyan

gururyan Member

[​IMG]

One clip up so far, waiting for more.
    Anybody going to bite?

2. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Diamond is making some of the best pedals in the market today. Can't wait to get one of these.

3. bushido

bushido Member

i'm buying one for sure.

4. rabbit

rabbit Member

Hmm, very tempting!!! What is the size like? It somehow looks bigger than a Hammond B size box (MXR phase 100 etc. etc.).

Ryan, do you (really) already have one? I understood your post like their are out now and that you are referring to the first clip on the Diamond page... If you get one, you what to do: recording a clip, posting a pic of the pedal here and an updated pic of you pb in the pedal board thread (in no particular order:rotflmao ) WE ARE CURIOUS!

5. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

size measurements are listed on the site - I think they are 4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inch.

Sound sample up on the site now - sounds really good, even if very middle of the road - I am trying to wean myself off of expensive chorus pedals, and the folks at Diamond are not helping at all....

6. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

Just got an email from Mike Knappe at Diamond regarding the Halo and he said that the first run of Halos will be finished this week and shipped out over the next couple weeks.

I also asked him about being able to cop Univibe sounds and this is what he had to say:

"As far as the univibe sound goes, it's certainly not as deep as full
    intensity on a univibe (the Halo is two stage rather than the four stages
    of a univibe), but you can certainly get some useful 'vibe' like sounds
    from it. It's also a cleaner sound than a univibe, inline with the goal of
    the Halo being a fairly 'transparent' chorus. You can get deeper perceived
    modulation by changing the LFO to a triangle wave (there's a simple jumper setting for this), but the sinewave modulation is certainly much smoother."

MSRP will be $359 CDN, which includes power adapter.

7. valen

valen Member

$359 CDN for Chorus....ouch. :( I hope it is THAT good

8. drolling

drolling Member

I chucked chorus off my board around 1980 and haven't missed it once, but I'd be willing to try the Halo. If it's as good as the modulation circuit in Memory Lane, they'll have another winner on their hands..

The boys at Polyblend Systems (Diamond) have raised the bar on analogue effects, as far as I'm concerned. Pretty hard to beat their delay or their opto-comp, and their first pedal, the Diamond Drive, has been in a constant state of evolution since it hit the streets a couple years back.

Not only are these guys inveterate tinkerers, they're also open to input from players. Michael was very happy to tweak my J-Drive for me - even sent me the latest germanium tranny version to beta test. Killer OD/boost pedal - one of the best I've heard..

They've hit the ball right outa the park every time so far, and I see no reason for the Halo chorus to be an exception.

9. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

michael does a very very great job!! he answers mails quickly and is very friendly. if you look inside diamond pedals you'll see the most tidied up pedal ever!!! with much love and care...

honestly i was a bit dissapointed by the memory lane's repeat sound.. but it just was not for me i think, but all the users out there tell ya it is great! but the fireburst was one of the best distortion/fuzz pedals i have ever played!

10. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

PHP:
    $359 CDN for Chorus....ouch. :( I hope it is THAT good
    Sounds expensive I know, but it is MSRP - street price should be a bit less. Look at what a Fulltone ChoralFlange goes for. Pretty similar I'd say.

Michael's service is outstanding too. Aswer questions quickly and always willing to tweek something to suit your tastes. He is working on a Mod on my Fireburst right now.

Anyways, the proof will be in the playing so I will wait til my local delaer has the Halo in stock and give it a try.

11. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

hy stratasaurus what mod is he making for you?

12. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

PHP:
    hy stratasaurus what mod is he making for you?

I bought my fireburst used. It was an early one that was being Beta tested. I found that kicking on the Mids for distortion seemed to drop off the bass and add quite a bit of treble. Basically I couldn't switch between distortion and fuzz on the fly because the EQ would change dramatically - with the distortion being very bright. Michael is going to try and bring the EQ between modes closer together.

13. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

My signal chain - Strat -> Diamond Comp-> Daimond Fireburst-> Diamond Memory Lane-> Super Chile Picosso.

Got everything I need ;)

14. gururyan

gururyan Member