• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Hamer Ecotone . Any experience / pics/ info

klbabcock11

Silver Supporting Member
Picked up a Korean made one and it's on its way. All electronics have been upgrade except original pickups. Bone nut and pro setup and fret job.njust wondering your guys experience on these guitars and pickups. Tone and fellas well. Thanks

Stratburst70

Hamers have a great reputation in general. The Korean ones are decent bang-for-buck (you might want to upgrade those pickups) but the USA Hamers take a back seat to no one.

L0ki

I replaced the pickups and pots in mine, it helped a lot. Duncan Jazz in the neck is great!

Its been long enough that I don't remember clearly what the original pickups sounded like, dull and muddy maybe? The replacements improved it lots.

Last year I added a bigsby and replaced the bridge, that made it sound great! The added weight really improved the tone to what I always hoped it would be.

custom53

One great guitar for an import.. Poor man's 335, but it is still a great guitar..!

Last edited:

dnrohr

Silver Supporting Member
These guitars are fantastic. The best of which is the Korean "Custom" model with the solid top and the block inlays. I sold a red one a while back that have been upgraded with Fralins and really nice hardware. Huge mistake. Fortunately, I know the guy I sold it so and it is on my list to get it back eventually. It's amazing what a great deal they are.

rjsc5

Depending on the country of origin it may have a 25.5'' scale length instead of the Gibson 24.75''. I think at different times they were made in different countries.

stormin1155

Silver Supporting Member
I found myself playing my Echotone more than my 335. Sold the 335 with no regrets. I've done some upgrades (pickups, tuners, bridge, and some cosmetic stuff), but even the stock pickups sounded pretty good.

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Mine came with (replacement) Custom Custom and Jazz. Not 100% sure if the pots and switch were original or replacements or original but whatever they were, they worked for me. They were full size, but the bridge tone was a push/push to split both pickups and it didn't watch the others.

I replaced them with Seth Lovers I already had on hand. Liked the HB tone a lot more but miss the split tones a bit, esp the middle position with both split.

Mine had a replacement nut and was an absolutely fantastic guitar. Hope you enjoy yours!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom