Hamer Firebird - need case help

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Traps, May 24, 2011.

1. Traps

Traps Member

Hi folks..
    So, I have recently acquired a Hamer Firebird, that has no case. Can anyone recommend a case that the guitar will fit (correctly) into? I havnt tried a Gibson Firebird case, so not sure if those will work.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. reddgeetarzan

reddgeetarzan Supporting Member

Take it to your local music store, if they have a case on hand, then you'll know if the Gibby case will work.

Gator made a case that would fit ANY guitar- the odd shapes, like FB, Explorer, V's and such, but it was a massive case to carry around.

3. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Member

Dunno how similar the shape/dimensions of a Hamer are to a real one, but I very much like the SKB-63 for my FB. Less bulk than the "aircraft-carrier flightdeck" sized rectangular ones and very good headstock protection. I see thery also offer a semi-hsc SKB-SC63 for slightly less $$ and maybe lighter, too.

4. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Would love to see Picts of this guitar, any chance you could post a few?

5. dougk

dougk Silver Supporting Member

IF it'll fit the gibby case, buy the epiphone version. Same case, cheaper covering but I love them (and for 75-80 shipped from musicians friend bucks hard to beat).