Hamer GAS so bad it hurts!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by riffpowers, Aug 3, 2006.

1. riffpowers

riffpowers Member

I love my Hamer korina Jr mor eand more every time I play it, its the ultimate guitar for me, it fits my style and sound perfectly, sounds great, looks great, plays great, and I can get loads of sounds out of it.
    So, now I want another hamer!!Wether I order a custom ne or wait till one I like comes up 2nd hand, either way its gonna be a while till I get my hands on one.

Man this GAS is killing me!!

2. Phil M

Phil M Member

That's in my top 2 "want" guitars. It's the single dogear P-90 one, right?

3. riffpowers

riffpowers Member

yeah thats the one.Just to whet your appetite, heres a pic of mine, and believe me it looks loads better in the flesh!

[​IMG]

4. Phil M

Phil M Member

Gorgeous, and it's one of those guitars where I can just tell what it sounds like from looking at it.

Did you buy this from forum member arniez last year by any chance? He had one last fall for like $1000...I wanted it so bad but I had just bought something else. Great looking guitar and I bet it sounds killer. It would look just as cool in the vintage red with a red tortoise shell pickguard.

Deja vu...

5. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Hamer guitars are at the top of the food chain.

6. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

"love my Hamer korina Jr mor eand more every time I play it, its the ultimate guitar for me, it fits my style and sound perfectly, sounds great, looks great, plays great, and I can get loads of sounds out of it."

if you already have the ultimate guitar, why would you need another? I've delved into this question in my mind.. I have the perfect strat for me, I dont even look at strats anymore, same with LP's I finally came to terms with being happy with my lp... now my tele is a different story... anyhow, enjoy your ultimate guitar and start woodshedding and stop the gassing.... just my .02....

7. riffpowers

riffpowers Member

Nah I got it from a guy from the hamer fanclub.$1000 is a great price though, he got a good deal!!The guy I bought this from had one that was red with a tortie pickguard too, I couldn't decide so I got the cheapest one!!
    It is a fantastic guitar.Sounds awesome and plays like you wouldn't believe.Fantastic build quality and attention to detail, and the wood looks like it should be a piece of furniture, not a guitar!!Its made my other guitars sadly redundant, and its so versatile and responsive.I don't really think a guitar like this needs 2 pickups, you can get loads of sounds with just the 1!!!

8. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

Willcutt has a 2 pickup korina special in red with tortoise pickguard on their website.

http://www.willcuttguitars.com/details.asp?stock_id=4872

9. K-man

K-man Member

I bought my 2nd Hamer Tuesday. I was killing time at the local music store and they had a Studio Custom with a gorgeous flame maple top on sale for 15% off of retail. I couldn't resist! Goes nice with my Newport.

10. Hamer Player

Hamer Player Senior Member

Hamer USA makes a great instrument.

:)

11. arniez

arniez Supporting Member

Phil,
    Mine went to another HFC member. I don't regret selling it cause I have an Artist Korina that covers most of that ground with a neck I preferred. Too bad you didn't snatch it, cause I can't imagine them being available for that kind of $ very often! Great guitar
    ArnieZ

12. Phil M

Phil M Member

Word.

Rub it in why don't ya ... :rotflmao

13. gregc

gregc Member

I've got a korina Artist with 2 x P-90s loaded in it. I'd let it go for less than a Grand, if you're interested....... let me know~ otherwise, I'm really in no hurry to let it go. I've got too many now and they don't get out of the case enough. It's minty fresh, BTW.

14. Mrgearguy

Mrgearguy Member

Dude, you're gonna regret that big-time some day, trust me. This is the wrong time to be selling low on Hamer.

check out this ebay auction, the guy found out what he had and ended the auction early only to relist at $8k. Doubt he'll get it now, but he's on the right track. People are really starting to wake up to these guitars and the prices are rising.

15. cmatthes

cmatthes Member

Those Korina Jrs are WAY better than they have to be for the price!
    (NOT a Korina Jr...)

[​IMG]

16. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Stop taunting me Chris! :nono :D

-Austin