Hamer /The original moden vintage?

slipbeer

Silver Supporting Member
I love both of your guitars.

I had a Special from the early 80's that I sold a few years back to finance a PRS acquisition. I shoulda dug a little deeper and kept it.

Karmateria

Originally posted by slipbeer

I had a Special from the early 80's that I sold a few years back to finance a PRS acquisition. I shoulda dug a little deeper and kept it.
Yeah, when I think of what slipped through my fingers....

Did you see this in Vintage Guitar?
Hamer Ad

Mike_C

Fantastic guitars and if you look hard you can still find some good deal on a used model. The New stuff is second to none.

Blauserk

Gold Supporting Member
I love Hamers. I've owned a lot of guitars in 25+ years of playing, and nothing beats the consistency of Hamers. I'm with Mike C--the new stuff is second to none.

Bajan

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by Blauserk
I love Hamers. I've owned a lot of guitars in 25+ years of playing, and nothing beats the consistency of Hamers. I'm with Mike C--the new stuff is second to none.
I agree. I love my artist korina to death. The tone, playability and weight (under 6 lb) are all fantastic. Oh, and Mike-C, that Monaco is gorgeous.

Shane.

Karmateria

Originally posted by Blauserk
A lot to be jealous of...

Beauty!

I cant' think of another luthier who has more experience than this!

Karmateria

Originally posted by Hackubus
I luv Hamers. Dangit I gotta get pics posted of my Standard & Vector one o deeze days.
Man, I just looked at your gear pics... nice collection! I guess the Hamers have some good company. Love to hear that vector cranked up through the Plex or that little vox! Which amps suit the Hamers best in your opinion?

Wonder what amps Hamer uses to "voice" and play test their axes at the shop?

Blauserk

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by Karmateria
Wonder what amps Hamer uses to "voice" and play test their axes at the shop?
An older Mesa Boogie combo. If memory serves, it's one of the "Mark"s with the cane-type cloth over the speaker.

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
Hamer has really come on in the last few years, and thanks to Gibson's nutty-ass pricing, are finding their way into many capable hands who are just as happy...and not as broke :D

Mike_C

Danhops that Studio Custom has got to be one of the nicer ones I've seen in a while. Love that color and the top. BTW The 30th Ann ain't bad either.

conrad

Originally posted by Karmateria
Anybody into Hamer around here? Still a small builder, but one of the first too.

Hamer Gallery
Deep into it, sold everything else except of my first one, now having :

1978 Standard
1990 Centaura
1992 T62 (2)
1994 T51'S (3)
1996 Duotone
1996 Artist
2000 Newport pro
2002 Newport Korina
2005 Monaco III

I could say "addicted"

danhops

Originally posted by Mike_C
Danhops that Studio Custom has got to be one of the nicer ones I've seen in a while. Love that color and the top. BTW The 30th Ann ain't bad either.
Thanks bro. Its not over the top or anything, but mand does the quilt on that guitar dance under the lights. Very 3D.

Karmateria

Originally posted by danhops
Thanks bro. Its not over the top or anything, but mand does the quilt on that guitar dance under the lights. Very 3D.
The figure maple is so CLEAN looking, I don't know how they do it, everybody else seems "dirty" compared to those.

Mike_C

I don't know how they do it,
One thing that might explain how they get the 3d effect is they don't stain their tops they shoot a clear coat first then "Float" the color coat on the clear then shoot another thin layer of clear to finish it off. Or At least that is how it was explained to me IIRC.

Antero

tthompso7 - That korina Jr. is above and beyond frikkin' gorgeous. Like, mind-blowing, I want. :D

ButchR

Komet Player
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Triple threat Hamer. Anyone try these?

Trending Topics