Hand Job for a Little Head

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
I know I am not going to get a centerfold spread in Woodworking Magazine, but I am proud of this little head cab I made for a Richter Blackface Champ I just picked up and wanted to share.

I used to work in a shop where I had access to every woodworking tool imaginable. Now that I am a stay at home dad, I have limited tools and time to do anything. I made this all with hand tools I have in the house, which was a little bit of a challenge without resources I am used to having.

Plus, I just wanted to use that post title. What did you think I was talking about anyway? :rolleyes:

Easily the best hand job for a little head ever. I'd pay tons of money for that, heck, I'd give you my big head for your little head.

nbarts

Easily the best hand job for a little head ever. I'd pay tons of money for that, heck, I'd give you my big head for your little head.
For a second I thought you were going to finish that sentence with handjob :)

The amp looks good, supergenius365!

cram

How'd you join the corners? Are there biscuts in there or do you have a blind joint of somesort?

The grill pattern looks like the metallic grill cover for the heaters in my parents house when I was a kid. I used to sit on those heaters in the frigid winter at 6:30AM, wait for the sound of the bus at the top of the hill and sprint across the back yard, hurdle two fences to barely make it to the stop.. I liked my morning heat man...

I see it now: you screwed the corners and covered them with rounded hole plugs on the top...

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
How'd you join the corners? Are there biscuts in there or do you have a blind joint of somesort?

The grill pattern looks like the metallic grill cover for the heaters in my parents house when I was a kid. I used to sit on those heaters in the frigid winter at 6:30AM, wait for the sound of the bus at the top of the hill and sprint across the back yard, hurdle two fences to barely make it to the stop.. I liked my morning heat man...
I just used glue on a butt joint. I used that heavy duty Elmer's glue, kind of like Gorilla Glue. I only ended up using screws and putting plugs over them when I had to drill for the middle support bar. I didn't have a clamp large enough to hold it together. I decided later to screw the corners together as well really just for appearance. I really didn't need to with that glue.

As for the look, I was going for a tribute to my old house that got torn down. It was 100+ years old with pine wood everywhere. The black grill looked like the heat vent grills from the old house as well. Damn I miss that house. This is my little tribute to it.

s2khawk

I saw where this thread was headed (not in the gutter hee hee) but still absolutely excellent work on that head and also the best thread title thus far for 2008!!

cram

As for the look, I was going for a tribute to my old house that got torn down. It was 100+ years old with pine wood everywhere. The black grill looked like the heat vent grills from the old house as well. Damn I miss that house. This is my little tribute to it.
Never sell this. Never.

RvChevron

Where's the head? Where's the handjob? Where's the butt? And how much??

You'll get infraction for misleading title next time.:nono

oh, your amp looks nice btw.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trending Topics