Hand painting a raw pedal case?

Musicman112

I'm on the verge of getting this buzz electronics channel switcher/looper and I wan't to make it look a little more appealing and creative. I'm not very good with brushes so I'm thinking some kind of pen or marker. What kind would you guys suggest? Something that covers well and that lasts. I expect that I might have to clear coat it to prevent the colour from scratching off, so some kind of marker or painting pen that withstands coating chemicals as well.

Thanks!

Musicman112

Heavy thick powder coating should help to prevent chipping or peeling
That seems very advanced, and I was thinking to paint something more like this:

Acrylic paint works well if you are using a brush.
I have thought about that to, as I know that acrylic works pretty well on pretty much all surfaces. The thing is that I'm quite good with a pencil but very bad with a brush....

schizo910

Little bit of sanding, than use a primer and you're ready to go. If it comes down to paintmarkers my advice would be the Posca brand. After that a couple of thin layers of clearcoat.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
That seems very advanced, and I was thinking to paint something more like this:

I have thought about that to, as I know that acrylic works pretty well on pretty much all surfaces. The thing is that I'm quite good with a pencil but very bad with a brush....
There are acrylic based markers. They are available in fine tip as well as wide tipped pens/markers.

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Gold Supporting Member
Ok, that sounds good.

Do you thing covering the leds and switches with painters tape is a good idea before using the primer? (This question also regards the last coating)
I would dismantle it so you are just working with the case. The primer and clear coats should be sprayed.

Trending Topics