Handwired COT50 Red ?? how to wire a battery on of switch

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by benabloom, May 26, 2008.

1. benabloom

benabloom Member

Hi Guys,

I love my HW COT50 red, however I have ruined a few george L connections unplugging the sucker after each gig. I want to leave it on my pedalboard plugged in all the time. This unit only runs on battery.

Can anyone tell me specifically how to wire an on off switch to disconnect the battery without unplugging when the pedal is not in use?

I do not want to use an external powersource as I prefer the tone of the battery.

Thanks!

Ben

2. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Seems like it would be easier just to use a (solid) soldered patch cable for that one connection.

3. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

Seems like all you would need is an SPST switch that disconnects grounded wire on the battery snap. It normally is connected to the input jack. Just put a wire from where it connects to the jack to one tab on the switch and connect the wire from the battery snap to the other tab. It will probably be the black wire from the battery snap.

4. 4styx

4styx Member

I think it should be mandatory, if a pedal doesn't come with a DC jack,that it have a switch to disconnect the battery.You shouldn't have to leave space on the board so the jack will come out.:mob

5. benabloom

benabloom Member

Thanks ! I'll take a look and see if I can get this taken care of once and for all. Has anyone else done this with their COT yet?

-B