• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Handy Reverb hint no 999999999

GaryNattrass

Bored with digital and spring reverb on your vocal tracks then try this handy hint from a TV show I did in the 80's.

We had a guy come in and he claimed to be the only club circuit singer in the world to be using a washing machine as his auditorium.

Now we as well trained sound engineers laughed our socks off when he wheeled in a tumble drier and proceded to sing a karaoke type elvis song through an SM58 with his head inside the washing machine metal drum.

The resulting sound was very good and when we all tried it for ourselves the sound inside the steel drum was amazing and almost surround sound.

Try it for yourself but make sure that the machine is switches off at the mains power first.

You can then add a bit of digital reverb to enhance the tonal qualitities.

LSchefman

And just think what a great speaker cab one of those would make: no reverb needed with your amp head!

And...

You could get your clothes clean with it when you're not playing! :)

MichaelK

Originally posted by GaryNattrass
with his head inside the washing machine metal drum.
Vocalists all over the world will love you forever. We all know how much they care about making our jobs easier. ;)

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
I just spit kool-aid (hey, I have kids!) all over my LCD screen. Geez! :D

Trending Topics