Hanging guitars on the wall....please advice and vote!

??

• A

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • B

Votes: 48 19.2%
  • C

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • D

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Other..... please explain.

Votes: 19 7.6%

• Total voters

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Silver Supporting Member
If it's going to be just the 3, I think D looks the best, though they all work. More guitars would bring more practical considerations about use of space and such.

No guitar hanging for me, earthquake country.

Ripthorn

I did something like A, but I put up 10 guitars using hangers that have a rotating head so that I could mount them closer together. I still have 2 on stands that don't work with regular hangers.

CRBMoA

A

Glad you are keeping your guitars accessible. You will not get support from the guitar collectors, though.

I hung my two primary basses this winter. Wish I would have done it decades ago.

Drawde

I generally play my guitars, then keep them in thier cases. Hanging guitars is fine for retailers, since they are only up for a short time. I would imagine most people that hang guitars in their home also use the term “man cave” as well. No thanks!
Instead if posting about people who keep their guitars in cases, I'll just go with this:

:facepalm:rolleyes2:

mmarchi21

Silver Supporting Member
I used to leave a few guitars out without a humidifier and after one winter with the heater running and little moisture the necks shrank and the frets then stuck out a bit over the edges. I got that taken care of but now I just keep a humidifier in the room to try to keep the humidity at the right level. But, I’m afraid to just leave the guitars out all the time now so I just put them in their cases, with humidipaks for the nicer ones.

RayRay

Gold Supporting Member
I hung my 85, 86, and 87 PRS when I had them. Along with all my other guitars. They’re always out.

Seriously people. Start your own thread about how you like to keep them in cases. It doesn’t help the OP and I doubt he cares.

Also, +1 on the Hercules hanging product. Only one I use.

Typical 16" stud spacing doesn't always allow for the optimal use of a space. I have always installed something like a 1x6 piece of a hardwood, like oak, stained or painted to match the room, fastened into the studs, and countersinking and using flush sanded buttons to hide those screws. Then I mount the hangers to that wood, spaced however I like. I prefer knowing my guitars aren't coming off the wall and wouldn't trust hollow wall drywall anchors. They're probably fine, but I wouldn't do it. If you want to stagger them you'll have to mount a board at more than one height.

Trending Topics