Hanging guitars on the wall....please advice and vote!

??

• A

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • B

Votes: 48 19.2%
  • C

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • D

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Other..... please explain.

Votes: 19 7.6%

• Total voters

Digitalman

Jeeze. Dirt and dust doom and gloomers. Hilarious. Polish them with a diaper every night right?

Hang some, put some on stands, shove em under the bed in cases. Who cares? Just play them.

Got a couple hangin in the bedroom. One out on a stand by the studio gear.

Used to have many more before the kids showed up. No one’s mentioned string swing slatwall angled hangers. Those were my choice for years when I had 6-8 out hanging.

Unfortunately, all of these guitars had to be thrown out at a total loss, because of all the dirt, dust and rust build up, due to having them on the wall and out of the case.

:rolleyes2:

Digitalman

Typical 16" stud spacing doesn't always allow for the optimal use of a space. I have always installed something like a 1x6 piece of a hardwood, like oak, stained or painted to match the room, fastened into the studs, and countersinking and using flush sanded buttons to hide those screws. Then I mount the hangers to that wood, spaced however I like. I prefer knowing my guitars aren't coming off the wall and wouldn't trust hollow wall drywall anchors. They're probably fine, but I wouldn't do it. If you want to stagger them you'll have to mount a board at more than one height.
I mentioned the slatwall hangers because of this. You can hit several studs hanging the slatwall and then you can slide and stagger the hangers wherever you want them.

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member
I had my first collectible guitar, an Ibanez Artist with the german carve and lots of abalone hanging on the wall. The HVAC guy knocked it down and took a bit of a chunk out of the body. I don't hang guitars that I love any more, except the 27 OO42, which is inside a hardwood cabinet very firmly screwed to the wall. The rest of the guitars that sit out are the riff raff.

That said, I too use a piece of molding that's screwed to the studs, then the hangars are attached to that. You can still do staggered with a pair of rails, or do diagonal with a diagonal molding... I think I'd go with the Hercules hangars if I were going to put really expensive guitars on the wall.

cratz2

I'd say either A or B. Or maybe have more space between them with an LP or framed art between them.

RolandKorg

Supporting Member
A.
Unless you need to stagger them to fit more, keep one horizontal line. D is absolutely out of the question.
Unless your home features a lot of that unpainted wood, just get white hanger panels and/or paint them to match the wall.

jwguitar

How would you arrange these guitars?

A

B

C

or D?

The guitars used as models above are not exactly mine but as cosmetically close (i.e. colour and wood type) as I could find quickly on the internet.
BTW, I'm using swing string hangers.

I like my guitars in their cases.

5F6-A

Thanks for everyone suggestions including the mention of Hercules hangers. Unfortunately, the Hercules Hangers do interact with nitro so those are not an option.... :(

Trending Topics