Hanging guitars on the wall....please advice and vote!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 5F6-A, Feb 10, 2019.

??

1. A

131 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. B

48 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. C

28 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. D

24 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. Other..... please explain.

19 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. AA864

AA864 Member

You know I’m right, you’re just too lazy to remove them, admit it.

rockon1 likes this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Member

The 100 pounds of tension on the strings is more of a burden on the neck than hanging it from the headstock.

3. nomadh

nomadh Member

I said B. But dont know why. Just seems practical enough and more artistic. Wait until you got 30. Then its just build a rack to hold them.
    I only keep a few of my prettiest and least playable ones on the wall hangers.

4. nomadh

nomadh Member

I do have to worry about it a bit. But only if not played for a few months. Even in a usually closed room windows closed always. I live in a place with chikens and dirt and plants and it just gets in somehow. Not as bad as with horses though. Floating horse manure in the air always as a fine dust that can corrode anything. I find as long as you move the dirt around regularly everything is ok.

5. nomadh

nomadh Member

A strap for every guitar and a guitar for every strap. I hate grabbing a guitar and no strap to play. And any strap that was easy enough to just swap is loose enough to drop your guitar. No way for me and I'm not going to buy identical custom straplocks for 30 guitars. Besides my straps are FAAAAAAAARRRRR from the ugliest things in my studio. In fact some are the prettiest things.

6. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

First thing I noticed too! People worried about guitars falling off the wall and all and no concerns with a radiant heat source right next to the guitar?

7. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

My guitars hang so that you walk up to it and reach your arm out you are grabbing it by the 12th fret. But some by the third fret depending on instrument. I'd say it give more real estate but really it give more room for guitars on floor stand too. I just want the easiest, fastest and safest way to have a guitar out and be able to grab it.