Hanging guitars on the wall....please advice and vote!

??

• A

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • B

Votes: 48 19.2%
  • C

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • D

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Other..... please explain.

Votes: 19 7.6%

• Total voters

nomadh

I said B. But dont know why. Just seems practical enough and more artistic. Wait until you got 30. Then its just build a rack to hold them.
I only keep a few of my prettiest and least playable ones on the wall hangers.

nomadh

Where in the world are you living where your guitars are hanging on walls, and getting so dusty and dirty and rusty that you have to throw them out? I have had my electric and acoustic guitars out for years and no issues.
I do have to worry about it a bit. But only if not played for a few months. Even in a usually closed room windows closed always. I live in a place with chikens and dirt and plants and it just gets in somehow. Not as bad as with horses though. Floating horse manure in the air always as a fine dust that can corrode anything. I find as long as you move the dirt around regularly everything is ok.

nomadh

Whatever you choose, don’t leave the damn straps on the guitars. It looks like sh!t
A strap for every guitar and a guitar for every strap. I hate grabbing a guitar and no strap to play. And any strap that was easy enough to just swap is loose enough to drop your guitar. No way for me and I'm not going to buy identical custom straplocks for 30 guitars. Besides my straps are FAAAAAAAARRRRR from the ugliest things in my studio. In fact some are the prettiest things.

onemoretime

Regarding your proposed new layout, below: will the radiator pose a threat to the instrument closest to it (the black tele)?
First thing I noticed too! People worried about guitars falling off the wall and all and no concerns with a radiant heat source right next to the guitar?

teleman1

Supporting Member
I've been hanging some of my guitars for about 7 years, while others sit on a guitar rack on the floor by my amps and pedalboard. The best advice I can give you is to only hang up guitars if it will make it easier - not harder - for you to quickly grab one and play it. The guitars that I have hanging tend to rarely get played. The ones I have on a floor stand get played all the time. I've found that when I rotate a guitar from the wall mount to the floor stand, I immediately start playing it more. Take it for what it's worth.

From a stylistic perspective, I suppose the answer to your poll question depends somewhat on the layout of your space.
My guitars hang so that you walk up to it and reach your arm out you are grabbing it by the 12th fret. But some by the third fret depending on instrument. I'd say it give more real estate but really it give more room for guitars on floor stand too. I just want the easiest, fastest and safest way to have a guitar out and be able to grab it.

Trending Topics