Hanson: No NFNH Unless You Sing "MmmBop" right

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Screw "Hotel California" and two guitars--the problem is much deeper than previously suspected...

Have you heard any good covers of it ["MmmBop"] over the years?

T.H.: I gotta be honest: No.

I.H.: You know why? People can’t sing the chorus right. Most of the time they syncopate it wrong.

Z.H.: I think “MMMBop” probably needs a really good cover …

T.H.: Someone needs to either make it totally their own in a genuinely unique way, or it needs to be a band that has a sensibility for old R&B. Fitz and the Tantrums could maybe do it …

I.H.: If Bruno Mars were interested, he’d probably find a way to kill it.

Full Story

TheClev

As seen on TV
Hanson themselves can't sing it right these days...they need to bring it down a few keys. That said, those guys are still making music, and it's not half bad.

27sauce

Too funny, I just listened to "Middle of Nowhere" all the way through a couple of days ago. On a Dust Brothers kick...

I don't know if I've ever heard anyone cover mmmbop?

Silvio55

I never (thankfully) heard anyone cover mmmbop either... sounds like a great idea for my next cover...:bonk
What does NFNH stand for?

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I never (thankfully) heard anyone cover mmmbop either... sounds like a great idea for my next cover...:bonk
What does NFNH stand for?
Note For Note Honey--female audience member who only responds positively to note-for-note renditions of cover tunes.

27sauce

We slay the Note For Note Hotties with a medly that goes;
"Are You Jimmy Ray">"Bitch(Meredith Brooks)> "what if God was one of us">"mmmbop".

In my dreams...

PGrant

Yeah. . . They sure look differant these days, Ain't no one going to mistake any of those three for woman any more. . .

Yer Blues

Hahaha... Hanson is from my generation. I'll never forget the first time I saw the MMMBop video. It was probably the exact opposite of the time everyone saw the Beatles on Sullivan.

That being said, the rest of the stuff I have heard from them isn't actually so bad. Not my cup of tea, but they're definitely a talented bunch.

27sauce

They were a SXSW band, back when you could get "discovered" there and didn't have to be Prince to get s showcase.

Trending Topics