• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Happy Belated NGD - Les Paul

stratplexi

2011 Les Paul Traditional Plus. I have had this one for a few weeks but been too busy to get any pics until today. I love everything about it except the 300K volume pots that are going to be replace with 500K CTS audio tapers. This one's iced tea in color with a really nice top (hard to photo), a super dark nice rosewood fretboard and a 1 piece back. This one has the 50s neck profile and also has coil taps. It has a good weight...right at 9 pounds.

stratplexi

Thanks guys...

I have the pickguard but it wasn't installed on the guitar. I bought this one the day after in came in to a GC about an hour from me. Apparently GC is not having them put on now and they are also having some of these Traditionals come with coil taps.

You guys think I should put the pickguard on? I have been debating...I have never owned a Les Paul without one mounted. I just kind of hate to hide such a good piece of maple.

Chandyland

Supporting Member
Yeah, I'd leave the pickguard off. Burst LP's look way cooler without pickguards.

robertkoa

Excellent! I like LPs without the pick guard. :)
I don't own one- but love LP tones and no pickguard and coil cuts( taps) are right up my alley.

Congrats - beautiful ! Even the back is beautiful!

I'd like to see a Super Studio LP made with no chambering and no top with this look on the back all over.

I'll bet that neck pickup in Single Coil mode with some gain has some awesome, unique tones.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the new Traditional, very sweet top!

Good call on changing out the pots. I installed an RS Electronics Upgrade Kit in my Traditional...................absolute night and day difference.

stratplexi

Thanks for the props guys. Sorry 'bout the cell phone pics. I need to invest in a decent camera but I am too busy chasing gear! She does sing when playing the single coil tones on the neck...not as chimey as a strat but very nice tones.

Mikey2201

Absolutely beautiful - congrats-

Quick question Does it have the circuit board wiring or is it done the traditional way?

Nada

that guitar is so beautiful, it's impairing my vision ;)

seriously, congratulations!

robertkoa

Thanks for the props guys. Sorry 'bout the cell phone pics. I need to invest in a decent camera but I am too busy chasing gear! She does sing when playing the single coil tones on the neck...not as chimey as a strat but very nice tones.
Cool - we don't need it to sound like a Strat though-just to bring out the "stringiness" of the LP- unique......bet I'd love those single coil neck LP tones.

stratplexi

Not sure bout the wiring...I hope it doesn't have the circuit boards but if it does I have going to end up replacing them with 50s style wiring.

BTW, anyone know the best place to get new pots and wiring stuff?

Thanks

Trending Topics