Happy Father's Day

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MatchFive, Jun 14, 2019.

1. MatchFive

MatchFive Silver Supporting Member

Happy Father's Day to all you father's out there!

I have 2 children from my first marriage. I have a son who is 13 now and a daughter who is 15. My 1st wife passed 6 years ago. I remarried to a wonderful woman who has a daughter from her previous marriage who is 13 now. We decided to have one of our own. We have a 2 year old red head who is a joy to both of us. So I have 4 kids in total. One 15 year old, two 13 year olds and a 2 year old. They are all a joy in their own way. Although they all know the 2 year old is in charge. Lol.

Tell me your story..

Shiro, aynirar27, cheapgtrs and 5 others like this.
  2. Nsomniac

Nsomniac Supporting Member

You, sir, are a family man.
    I have no interesting story, just three exceptional children who perpetually overwhelm me. My wife is the one with life skills, so any value I have as a father comes from what kind of person she helps me to be.
    Say, I have an idea - maybe I'll tell her that in addition to saying it to all you Pub dwellers?

aynirar27 and Mngwa like this.
  3. musekatcher

musekatcher Supporting Member

4. MatchFive

Sorry. Couple days early I guess.. At least you still have time to buy yourself a hand wired point to point father's day present..

shane8 and Mngwa like this.
  5. Angstwulf

Angstwulf Member

I'm one of those jerkwads that won't even pay attention to my own birthday. Having my 12 and 9 year olds getting excited about Father's Day is pretty much a gift on its own.

Happy Father's Day to all us fathers out there in TGP-land and to all the mothers and children who put up with our crap!

Mngwa likes this.
  6. MatchFive

So I decided to check out Craigslist in my area and I found a 2017 MiM Fender Strat Standard Plus Top for $450. The guy had never played it and it still had the protective film on the pick guard. So I snagged a flame top Strat that was basically new for 400 bucks with gig bag. I spent about an hour changing the strings and setting it up. It plays like a dream. It plays like butter. Because it is so awesome and flawless I will play the blues on it..

Shiro, aynirar27, VooDooClown and 2 others like this.
  7. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

Wife and I are having our first child in about 1-2 weeks, so I’m about to join the club!

Shiro, aynirar27, cheapgtrs and 4 others like this.
  8. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

Congrats!!!!
    Being a Dad will be the greatest thing in your life.

dinocicerelli and Trotter like this.
  9. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

Two daughters 18, and 13. One going into High School and one going to college. Don't blink!! Happy Fathers Day!!!

aynirar27 likes this.
  10. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Happy Father’s Day! I have two daughters, 15 and 2. I’m 33 (and I’m young looking as well). Every time I tell someone I have a 15 year old they immediately say “you’re not old enough to have a 15 year old!” to which I reply “you’re right, I’m not!”

My girlfriend and I were 18 and seniors in high school, we weren’t planning to her pregnant, like most things in life it just happened. Thankfully our parents did not force us to get married. They helped us raise her and let us get our degrees, and we each got married to other people and had another child each. We only stayed together about a year after our daughter was born. The 15 year old is brilliant and wants to be a cardiac or neurosurgeon.

The two year old is a little spitfire. She is so spunky and full of life, and also very intelligent like her older half-sister. She keeps us laughing and on our toes.

We also consider our dogs to be our kids too. We have a full blooded Boston Terrier, Waylon, and a rescue mutt, Otis.

aynirar27 and dinocicerelli like this.
  11. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

shane8, Shiro, aynirar27 and 5 others like this.
  12. dinocicerelli

dinocicerelli Member

The hooker talon thread is my current contribution.

shane8, Shiro, aynirar27 and 2 others like this.
  13. ifallalot

ifallalot Supporting Member

Happy Fathers Day to all of you

shane8 likes this.
  14. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

Momma’s baby, Daddy’s maybe.

Hey, if you feed them long enough they start looking like you.

Ok maybe influenced by the Ancestry thread. Just kidding.

Going with fam to get chicken and waffles at jazz brunch, my friend is playing.

Have a good one dadz.

strike3 likes this.
  15. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Thank you, thank all of you very much! :)

shane8 and aynirar27 like this.
  16. $tratcat

$tratcat Member

Happy Father's Day Dads out there.

I married 31 years ago to a girl I knew in high school that married another guy from school when she was 19. She was pregnant with my step-daughter when they married. Instant family for me and it wasn't easy, but turned out fine. We have a son who is 27 now. Both are wonderful people - wish I could say that I had something to do with that, but I think their influences came more from other friends and college experiences.

strike3 likes this.
  17. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

Thanks! Nervous but excited!

18. Timcito

Timcito Member

Interesting that so far this has been an homage to ourselves as dads rather than to our own dads. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

aynirar27 likes this.
  19. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

My daughter just turned 2. I was married, then divorced, then met Lindsay and she got pregnant pretty quick haha.
    Wouldn’t have it any other way. We recently moved to a great little town and next week is her last week working before she becomes a stay at home mom.
    I’ve gone from baby daddy to sugar daddy

dinocicerelli, shane8 and Shiro like this.
  20. Lung plunger

Lung plunger Member

Yeh i gotta call my pops today. I'm on emergency call for work, so I can't make the drive out to the country and see him today. He's an awesome dude. Growing up, he was the strict and quiet type...the product of being a 'Nam vet and in the Marine Corps for 23yrs. He also obviously came from a different generation, born in Kansas farm country 1947. Anyway, he suffered from a bad stroke and almost died just hours after a routine stint surgery 2yrs ago. His thought process...everything was affected. He had to relearn how to talk, walk, all that. He's doing good these days, and we've become closer than ever. I visit atleast every other weekend. We always eat breakfast and then work on house projects together. I could have a terrible week, then go out to the country and work on the patio with him for 3hrs...all the previous stress disappears. It's great.

No kids of my own here. I often feel like an ass for partying away the past 18-20 years of my life. I'm 38, so it's biologically possible to start trying. Having been clean of the poppy since 11/4/17...i feel like I've matured enough to start seriously considering it. Time will tell.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019