hard-to-find concert DVD

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by 84superchamp, Jan 25, 2012.

1. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

i've been looking for Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Celebration Concert on DVD and it's been a tough search. recorded in 1992(?), i've had the cassettes since they were first available but recently found out the same concert is on DVD and started looking for it. i found a VHS on ebay and the dvd only on unusual looking websites (i.e. untrustworthy).

does anybody know where this concert vid is available? was it just not originally intended to be a published video, audio only. would sure appreciate any help.

edit: what's your opinion on this concert? some good and some bad IMO but johnny winter doing highway 51 is worth the price.

2. BigAl

BigAl Supporting Member

3. 84superchamp

that's what i'm guessing Al. the quality just won't be there & hated to take a chance. that show had quite a line-up and i would think a DVD would sell well.

4. BigAl

BigAl Supporting Member

I agree and strange that it has never been officially released on DVD. Have not listened to this is a while so just dug it out of the CD collection and going to give it a spin tomorrow!

5. SteveO

SteveO Member

Well, that explains why I haven't been able to find it... I had the VHS copy right after it came out, and wore it out a long time ago.

6. 84superchamp

how was the quality on the VHS? i'd hate to go that route but it's better than not having it at all.