Hardtail Bridge I.D.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by delmastro, Feb 11, 2012.

1. delmastro

delmastro Supporting Member

In my internet searching for a hardtail bridge I came across this:

[​IMG]

Any one know what this is? And if so, what is the string spread? I am looking for a 2 3/16" hardtail for an upcoming build and welcome suggestions. So far the Callaham and Schaller (roller) are the only two that I know of.

Thanks!

2. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Supporting Member

3. John Catto

John Catto Member

Looks like an old Dimarzio from the late 70's to me. There were Mighty Mite bridges that looked like that as well, but from the days before they turned into a discount far eastern parts brand. I'm trying to remember whether Schecter ever used saddles like that prior to going to the ones with the slots. Whatever it is it's probably old and much higher quality than most of the options available new now.

4. bsteff666

bsteff666 Supporting Member

Beaver, PA (That's just outside of Pittsburgh)
    That is an old Stars Guitars bridge. They were late 70's/early 80's...commonly seen alongside the Dimarzio/Schecter/Mighty Mite stuff...usually polished brass...sometimes chrome plated as you see here.

I know I have a brass tremelo bridge of theirs around here somewhere & its the wider Fender style spacing...but I do believe they made both wide & narrow spaced versions.

They are stamped "Mfd. by Stars Guitars" on the underside of the bridge plate.

5. John Catto

John Catto Member

Ah Stars Guitars, should have thought of that especially since I really like their old Tune-O-Matic types (but NOT on a Les Paul).

6. delmastro

delmastro Supporting Member

I thank you all for your help!