Hardtail Strats, Know of any dealer who has one

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by motorcitychick, Jan 16, 2008.

1. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase a hardtail Strat? I would like it to be new from the custom shop, if possible. I would like it with a maple neck if possible, but I will settle for a dark rosewood board.:RoCkIn

2. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

If you're talking Fender, one option at that level is a Robert Cray model...

Also found this but I'm going to guess its $$$$$$, gut seriously GAS inducing too...

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1780717

3. DrJamie

DrJamie Supporting Member

Sounds like a Robert Cray (rosewood board), on those, would be your best bet, without a custom order. I'm always kinda' looking at hardtails too, but can't find one around these parts. I like maple too.

4. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

A friend of mine has a '73 Hardtail Strat for sale. PM me if interested - I'll pass it along.

Thanks, Dana O.

5. bonchie123

bonchie123 Supporting Member

Marksguitarloft.com has a huge selection of custom shop strats. He doesn't sell new stuff, but he gets alot of "as new" guitars and you can rest assured that anything you buy from him is quality.

6. cameron

cameron Member

Few dealers order them, because demand for them is low. But any dealer can order one for you. They may demand a deposit on such a custom order, though.

7. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Thanks everybody for the information. I am going to check out Marksguitarloft and see what he has to offer.
    I will pass on Eddie's after reading the non positive remarks from some board members doing business with that store. I already have a daphne blue nos custom shop strat. I don't want to repeat the same color.
    I don't fancy the Robert Cray model. I am looking for a maple fret board, if possible.:drool:cool::RoCkIn:JAM:D:dude:AOK

8. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Hi Dana,
    Thanks for the information about your friends guitar, but I want to go through a dealer for the purchase. I pay with plastic and that is the reason, unless your friend has a store where he/she is selling the guitar.
    Are you going to be at Namm? I will be there tomorrow and I can't wait!
    Thanks again for your help.:RoCkIn

9. cameron

cameron Member

You should consider a G&L as well. They offer their "Strat-ish" models as hardtails, and a dealer can order the neck options you like as well.

10. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I just emailed Marksguitarloft. He didn't have any hardtails listed on his website. I am sure one will pop up somewhere.

11. Badger71

Badger71 Member

If you positively, absolutely have to have a Custom Shop Hardtail w/all maple neck....you're probably gonna have to order one. Me, I'd just build one....get a Cray and swap the neck or Warmoth/USACG the whole shebang. Building a hardtail is easy...especially with a bolt on. Just a thought.

12. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

It has to be all Fender. I will probably buy one that was made in the 70's, if I have to. I like having different guitars in my collection and a hardtail is one that I don't have. I love Strats and I can never get enough of them. I will be at Namm tomorrow and I will talk with one of the Fender reps about a hardtail being made for me.

13. Zelmo

Zelmo Member

Why not just buy a trem model and use 5 springs and tighten the trem down - or block it?

14. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

It is not the same. I have the custom shop EC model and the trem is blocked on that.