Hardwire Reverb Pedal Arrived

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jason Carter, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

I called Proguitarshop last week to discuss the Hardwire Reverb Pedal. After a short discussion about the features I decided to give it a try. My Hardwire Reverb pedal arrived today, I just spent the last hour giving it a workout. First I'll comment on the build quality. This thing is built like a tank, very rugged. It also comes with a velcro strip, foot switch glow sticker and stomplock(keeps your settings where you want them). Ok at this point I'm really impressed with this pedal. I played it tonight with an EJ Strat through an AC30 inspired amp with no reverb with a 212 cabinet loaded with Naylor SD50 speakers. I know there has been some discussion about how the Hardwire will effect your tone once it is engaged. Wether or not it converts your signal to digital or parallel digital and analog. I don't know the answer but don't be concerned you will not be disapointed with the end result coming out of your speakers. I've owned fender reverb units and I've had my share of 60's black face fenders. The Hardwire spring setting does a nice job at emulating that effect. After tweeking the level, liveliness and decay setting I was able to get a nice sublte spring reverb effect that I was excited about using. Next I tried the Modulated mode, probably my favorite. This setting stacked with my ClinchFx EP-PRE and MP-DBD was just stellar. I finally have a clean tone with the right amount of modulation and reverb. This was the sleeper hit for me tonight. This setting alone is worth the purchase price for me. Next I tried the Hall, Room, Plate modes. I just could not find a bad setting. What can I say I really like this pedal. I have to give it a big :AOK. I'm so glad I did not buy a one trick pony reverb pedal. If you get a chance to try one you will not be disappointed.

2. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

thanks for the feedback. . .

so close to the edge. . . .

almost forgot. . .

POWER SUPPLY? can it use a 1spot?/boss adapt. . . . ???

3. codenoise

codenoise Member

two questions: have you used the digiverb in the past and how is the reverse mode? i'm really considering selling my digiverb so i can upgrade to the hardwire model.

4. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

Orogeny - Just checked the owners, current draw is 75mA (typical at 9v DC) - they recommend a harman PS200R (300mA - 120vac in 9.6v DC out). The one spot can handle 1700mA max, you should be good to go unless you exceed the 1700mA.

Codenoise - I've never owned a digiverb, I owned an alesis quadraverb back in the day. The Hardwire has me tickled pink, I love it. I just gave it another run, the modulation mode and plate mode may be all I'll ever need. The rest of the modes are just Lagniappe!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  5. radcliff

radcliff Member

Just bought one, hopefully it arrives soon.

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Looks like the Verbzilla just found some actual competition

7. codenoise

codenoise Member

competition? more like a new best friend. i plan on having BOTH on my board :dude

8. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

if the "modulation reverb" setting is as well received as the zilla's octo has been i'd say that combined with true bypass means the HW comes out on top big time

9. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Any comparisons to the Nova reverb?

10. mild

mild Member

A man after my own heart! I can't wait to combine the Octo with the Reverse! :banana:banana:banana

11. Andrew Yohn

Andrew Yohn Member

Wondering the same thing! Any words on the two? I plan on running my Taylor acoustic through one of these - either better for this application?

12. bsic

bsic Member

I got one about a month ago, and I love it as well. Killer pedal.

13. BReyes

BReyes Member

all hardwire pedals are onespot compatible. to me, this reverb sounds a tad bit digital. i prefer holy grail or chicklet reverb pedals.

14. mullinator7

mullinator7 Member

You can't go wrong with the Digitech Hardwire pedals - any of them that I've played have been outstanding, and they're reasonably priced.

15. mitre

mitre Member

I got one a few months ago around the same time as a Boss RV-5. I compared the two, and kept the Hardwire.

16. 73171

73171 Member

I really like the Hardwire Reverb, and my amp already has a great built in reverb. (It's a '68 Princeton Reverb..first year silverface)

If I run the Hardwire in reverse reverb mode into the Princeton's own reverb..it's ambient heaven............I also really like the Hardwire gated reverb.

...but I still want Eventide to make a REVERBFACTOR !!

17. Andrew Yohn

Andrew Yohn Member

Finally got one today! Couldn't be happier :rotflmao

18. Lublin

Lublin Senior Member

I have the RV-7 and love the Lexicon setting. Thickens up my sounds nicely.