• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Hardwire Supernatural VS TC Trinity

bobcunningham

Hey hey, i'm currently using a Behringer RV600 for shimmer and a HoF for reverb. i know i need to upgrade the Behringer for obvious reasons... but my other problem is that as versatile as the HoF is i'm still not enjoying it very much. i find that all the presents basically sound the same; they're very obvious, not subtle at all and they ALL UNDULATE immediately after the initial signal.. BANG-wang-wang-wang. for this reason i'm not terribly inclined to buy the TC Trinity because it seems to be a HoF with 2 shimmer presets. on the other hand i've already owned a Strymon BlueSky and found the shimmer to be wonderful but the other verb settings thin and inaffective. Supernatural seems very lush and warm. i've owned a Boss RV-5 too....

All this to ask what is the best option for a nice warm sustaining ambient reverb AND a good shimmer effect, wether it's 1 pedal or 2?

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Option #3: Line 6 M5

I know the Behringer is a knockoff of the Verbzilla, but I just got my M13 yesterday (thanks mcdyas!) and I'm able to dial in some very satisfying shimmer with the 'Octo' setting (it's definitely tiding me over until I get another BSR) and killer synthy/string swells with the 'Particle Verb'. Add in the '63 Spring and Cave reverbs and that covers almost all of my bases.
The only thing it lacks verb-wise IMO, is a modulated reverb; and for that, you already have the HOF.

bobcunningham

Quick question: besides the shimmer settings on the Trinity, are the rest of the settings just taken directly from the HoF or have they been tweaked in some way?

78deluxe

Quick question: besides the shimmer settings on the Trinity, are the rest of the settings just taken directly from the HoF or have they been tweaked in some way?
THere is not a single Shimmer setting for the Trinity or HOF.

(yes all the other settings are the same).

The new Trinity prints are not shimmer/do not do upper octave.

jazzfromhell

bobcunningham said:
Does the Trinity really have shimmer? Isnt the two "new" reverbs a chopper-type sound and...um... something else?

EDIT: 78 beat me to it

2-Bute

THere is not a single Shimmer setting for the Trinity or HOF.

(yes all the other settings are the same).

The new Trinity prints are not shimmer/do not do upper octave.
Yeah, there's no true octave, but the Trinity did get some nice chimey-pad sounds on the first of the two Trinity-only settings (from the demos I heard). If you're going for churchy-chime, I don't think I could recommend the Supernatural, I had one from the first run and returned it- the shimmery settings were all a bit too detuned for *that* sound IMHO.

Drxgue

The Trinity won't impress you if you didn't like the HoF. The Supernatural has some very interesting, extremely obvious effect-based reverbs that aren't exactly subtle, so if that's what you're looking for it's right up your alley.

I'll agree with your choice - I had a Supernatural and Trinity. Sold the Trinity. The Supernatural is just fantastic. Some beautiful sounding 'verbs in it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom