• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

harmonic tremelos

oildrops

I have been intrigued by the harmonic tremolo pedals that have been coming out. From the demos I've listened to, they sound great for getting a leslie type effect. What are your favorites in this category? I'm after two different trem sounds: choppy, and something like a fast uni-vibe-ish. One pedal that can do both would be sweet.

Kurzman

Silver Supporting Member
A friend lent me a Keeley Dynatrem. It does what you're talking about and a couple of other things also.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
1776 Effects Cardinal Tremolo
Does harmonic and optical (Fender-type) tremolos, despite being FET/transistor-based. Look for the YouTube demos out there.

critter74

Silver Supporting Member
I've been impressed with the the EQD Night Wire. I got it recently in a trade. With the config options, it can be so much more than just a Harmonic Tremolo. I like it....

zsno

Mr. Black Deluxe Plus+ does harmonic tremolo. I actually got an email yesterday saying he should have a batch available real soon, I believe preorders are up now.

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
Strymon Flint does all that & more!
So does the Strymon Mobius......I find that when my Leslie/Vibe doesnt sound right in the mix then the Harmonic Trem cuts through "differently," its very cool to have it on tap.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
In alphabetical order: Cardinal, Flint, Twin Peaks

They each bring their "own thing" to the assessment of the tone. The Flint is bare bones sine wave + expression + great verb and other trem types. The Twin Peaks gives tap and subdivision with multiple waveforms+control over waveshape + multiple trem-types. My version of the Cardinal affords control over waveform with a harmonic vibe-type tone + other trems. All are great.

I sold the Night Wire and the Pareidolia with sadness/disappointment (wanted to like both but didn't).

oildrops

Yes, some of these sound a lot like what I want out of a uni-vibe. Especially the Alexander Equilibrium, Cardinal, and EQD night wire.

@Flatscan What did you find lacking in the Night Wire and the Pareidolia? Both those do the trem + phase sound that I like.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
The harmonic trem tone of the three that I list was more rich/vibrant than the other two. The Night Wire is *much* better than the CB imo. [and I love both EQD and CB.]

Here is a review I posted of the Night Wire some time ago:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/eqd-night-wire-anyone-have-one-opinions.1691370/

The CB pedal that I owned had a very thin tone on a relative basis vs. the other 4.

Here is a link to the Twin Peaks that brings out its character:

David Rolo (Twin Peaks) is a fine gentleman as is Jon Patton (Cardinal) [very nice smart fellows]. Both could build you a great pedal. There are likely others who would build a version of those pedals on your behalf here on TGP (see recent posts by assorted builders in similar threads). Jon is a longtime TGP member.

Junta

Recorded with literally a 30 sec set up for testing - I like the Flint! I will be using it a lot.

But the Supro...

Damn! That thing sounds out of this world... ABSOLUTELY no comparison to the Flint!

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
The Source Audio Vertigo Tremolo has an AMAZING harmonic tremolo- I use it as a faux Univibe as well as a normal tremolo.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom