• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Harmonic Tremolo

Daprofessor

Looking for my first harmonic tremolo. Considering the Walrus Audio Monument Tremolo V2, Supro 1310 Tremolo, or Origin Effects, TremDrive.

Looking for a recommendation on an amazing sounding effect.

Last edited:

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
My favorites in order
Zeppelin design labs quaverato
Supro
Walrus monument v1
Surfy
Walrus monument v2
Mr black mini trem

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
The Origin isn’t a harmonic tremolo.
yeah, it’s tube bias tremolo...but it is really really really good!

For harmonic I’ve owned the Supro, Monument, and Flint.

Supro is pretty awesome sound but very coloring of your standard tone and rather noisy as well. But with the overdrive it can get on its own the sounds you can get from it are really good.

Monument is really nice for the subtler side of harmonic trem. It doesn’t get super deep and I almost always had the depth set to at least 75% for even a fairly moderate effect level. Waveform control can be fun.

Flint is the one I’ve kept. Dead quiet, great harmonic trem sound (and bias sound too), and or course the benefit of the reverb side.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
(repeat of my contribution to the other 2 harmonic trem threads recently)

Mr Black mini-Tremolo (mono, can blend from 100% bias trem to 100% harmonic trem)
Mr Black PanaTrem (true stereo, pans/trems, all controls can be assigned to an expr-pedal, and has a nice preset, so you can toggle between your favorite two settings.

I have both, and both are very good.
Go to his website and check them out.

longgonedaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Look for a tremolo. You’ll have better luck, since there are more tremolos available than tremelos.

that being said, Surfy is awesome, and if you’re only interested in harmonic, and not other tremolo types, check out the Flint.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
I have both the Supro and the Flint on my board currently. My favorite is the Supro, but I’ll caveat that by saying I run it before any drives so that it kinda takes the place of a vibe, and it also adds a drive option. I like the Flint as well (it’s used more for reverb), but I find the sound of the Supro way more pleasing than the Flint on the harmonic tremolo. It’s not an analog vs digital thing, it’s more the frequencies being phased. There’s a richer, more syrupy tone to the Supro. On the flip side, I prefer the bias Trem of the Flint to the amplitude mode of the Supro, and at the end of the day I’d be happy with either.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
The Flint beat out the Drolo for me. I love both though. I have a V1 Cardinal that I like a lot (different rig).

At some point I want to try a Supro.

The Catalinbread and EQD were very disappointing.

LawrenceBr

I've got the monument v2. It sounds great, but it doesn't go very deep like someone else mentioned. It is however one of the few with tap tempo, which is something I want in a tremolo. Besides that, I like the subdivisions and waveforms.

p.j.

I have the Monument v1 and really enjoy it. I got it used for a lot less than a new version 2.

Trending Topics