Harmonically dense booster/OD???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tubetone74, Mar 16, 2008.

1. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

I would like to know which ones you recommend. Looking for pedals that will give a nice bloom to notes or "swearl".

2. Jack

Jack Member

I would recommend a treble boost-if your amp can work with it. You might try one of the boosts that have a switch for multiple boost options, in case pure old school treble boost is too shrill for your modern amp (it
    is for mine). Keeley Java and Divided by 13 Dyna Ranger (I prefer this one) have these options. Analogman Beano has a great reputation, but I haven't tried it (it's in the mail though).

There's something about this circuit that just adds a lot of harmonics.

3. Chadley

Chadley Member

I normally try to not post too much on these types of threads because it usually turns into "Try whatever I have because it has to be the best....because I own it" thread.

But, with that said:

Try a version 1 Fulltone Fat Boost (the old grey one). I have used one for a while. You can set it to very clean to slightly dirty but wherever you set it, it always adds a lot of harmonics to the sound. It is not transparent, but it sounds great none the less. You can find them pretty cheap too.

4. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

That "harmonic bloom" is how I experieced the OCD ver3. Great sound, but not what I was looking for at the time. (simply too much much bloom ;-) /C

5. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

OCD pedal (any version) can go from boost to all out overdrive and it has the most complex harmonic content of any pedal I have ever played. You can hit an open chord and hear just layers of harmonic overtones happening. Really quite amazing for such a tiny little pedal.