Harmony EFX for Horn(s) ??? Live Use

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jazzguitar14, Apr 17, 2016.

1. jazzguitar14

jazzguitar14 Supporting Member

So I want to turn a single Trumpet or Sax into a 3 piece Horn section at the gig. Mostly Stabs and staccato lines if you can picture that.

My understanding is that most vocal processors will glitch-out if the pitch is too high.

Does anybody have any experience with this situation?

Could you recommend a pedal or processor that does a decent job for not too much money ($500 or less).

I can already add reverb, delay, and slight detune at the board, but I'm looking for octave and possibly intelligent pitch harmony. Ideally it would easily interface with a mic and be foot-switchable...

Thanks in advance,
    Rock on'

2. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I don't play horn, and don't know anyone who uses such an effect in that way, but there might be a demo video for one of the vocal harmony pedals like from DigiTech or TC Helicon.

It's outside of my experience, but maybe @DigiTechRep might have some knowledge.

3. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Vendor

I don't know of any videos demonstrating the Vocalist Live Harmony with horns, but I've spoken with quite a few horn players that use them. I think I remember a video of a guy using the Vocal 300 with a horn, let me see what I can find...

4. CEFlint

CEFlint Member

Here are a few videos of sax with harmony processors.

5. jazzguitar14

jazzguitar14 Supporting Member

Thanks guys,

Ill try searching for possible vocalist live demos as well. I appreciated you responses.