Harmony Guitar site is up.....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by eric-d, Feb 1, 2008.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

2. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

The Jupiter looks great. Not as big a fan of the "Custom" guitars that are LP/Strat/PRS copies.

3. infiniteposse

infiniteposse Member

Very, very cool. I'm really impressed with the look of these. They've been very true to the origionals it seems. I'm just hoping they nailed the pickups. If so, sign me up. Heck, if they got the pickups right, they could make good $ just selling them outright.

Come to think of it, Lollar just started doing goldfoil pups though, so maybe a set of Lollars in a Harmony re-issue.... Bwuhahahahaha.

4. wedgehed

wedgehed Member

Do you mean he does rewinds or is he making reproductions?

5. infiniteposse

infiniteposse Member

I thought I'd heard he was making reproductions a little while ago in a thread somewhere. His page doesn't reflect making gold-foils, but I could swear I'd heard it. I got a Teisco recently, mostly for the GF pups, and when I read the thread I figured I could just leave the Teisco be and get some of his instead as I love everything I've ever gotten of his - P-90's, Imperials, Blackface Strat pups, tele set... The man is amazing.

I'll repost a link to that thread if I can track it down.

I found this: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=3575157&highlight=lollar+Gold#post3575157

I think perhaps there was another mention in another guitar I saw in the emporium... A Koll roots guitar or something...really cool. Looked like a Tom Waits approved Koll or something. Anywho, I'll drop Jason a line and see what the word is.

6. wedgehed

wedgehed Member

Great! I picked up this Teisco a few months ago & just love the way it sounds. Like you, I was wondering if they would be a good match for the new Harmonys.

[​IMG]

7. bynt

bynt Member

Dammit. Not Tele copy. I can't believe how nice those look though. Thanks for the post!!!

8. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

This is sweet looking, too:

[​IMG]

9. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

I wish the site gave more specs on the guitars. Anyone know if they are bolt on or set necks on the Rockets and where they are made?

10. wedgehed

wedgehed Member

They are all set necks except for the H44 which is neck thru. Although the initial rumors had them made in Taiwan, I think the current word is they are made in Korea.

11. djbrough

djbrough Member

12. infiniteposse

infiniteposse Member

I got an email back from Jason Lollar re: his goldfoils:

"I make a version of that that does not have the metal pickup cover, I have whats in the photo and I am going to make a version that is encapsulated in resin. Making a cover for it is not something I am tooled up to do and to have someone else do it is in the 10's of thousands of dollars. I am having a stamp made for regular buckers- 20 thousand dollars. So its not a big enough seller to tool up to do an exact repro."

The pic he sent on is a normal goldfoil sized pickup with a simple black top as opposed to chrome or anything... Looks cool and understated and as long as it sounds like the real deal, which I have no doubts it will, I'm in.

:)

13. eric-d

eric-d Member

I'm still waiting on the prices on these guys.... I'm curious to see what they're expecting for Korean made guitars....

14. Sammy

Sammy Member

Without naming names a very well known & respected American mft of pickups has viewed the new Harmony pickups on the guitars and has advised they are crap. Plus the insides are not based on the old Harmony pickups at all and are very cheaply made. :(

15. Phineas

Phineas Member

i expected that. if they can keep the price down, i'll do the pup swap on that stratotone.