Harmony H-44

flywheel

Hi
Looking for the headstock thickness on stratotone h44?

This is my first attempt at a build like this.They are funky little guitars that are way outta my price range.
I am surprised that someone has not started cloning these guitars ,quite popular these days.
Any tips or hints on building this would be great,please tell.

Cheers JJ

Last edited:

straightblues

Looks like a cool project.

Harmony and Eastwood Airline made some bad copies. Dan Dunham is making some H44 inspired guitars that are very good http://dandunhamguitars.com/Dan_Dunham_Guitars/Welcome.html

Sorry I don't currently own one to give you specs. I have owned a couple. They are great sounding guitars but they tend to not play all that well. Good luck with the build. What wood are you using? I think the originals were made out of Poplar.

Look hard for the original pickup. Get the pickups that are the 3-4 k range not the ones in the 7-8K range. Both pickups look the same so be careful. They are referred to as Hershey Bar pickups. Use 50K pots with them.

Ronsonic

I would just thickness the headstock to match the tuners you want to use. I haven't spent much time with one of those, but all the vintage Harmony's I've met either completely normal or just a touch thicker than most guitars.

I'm curious where you got your plan for that. Been looking to play with that sort of design for awhile and have never found any dimensioned drawings or plans.

Trending Topics