• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Harrison or Starr?

Harrison or Starr?

• Harrison

• Starr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
I always seem to get a funny look when someone asks me, "What are you looking for in a drummer?" and I say, "You know, someone like Ringo..."

But alas...George gets my vote hands down on this one. Not only was he an amazing guitar player but he was also an incredible songwriter. Something is one of my all time favorite songs. Everything about it is perfect to me.

getbent

uhhh, ringo is a drummer. I think these comparisons should be between musicians, no?

To me, there is a, ehhhm, Stark (ey) contrast between the two.

Besides, I need you is the coolest beatle song ever.

sonicD

Over the years we've all heard the stuff about other people playing George's solo lines and all that crap. Doesn't matter. I'm voting here based on his songwriting. George penned some unforgetable stuff, and imho, his songs were often the highlight of any given Beatles album.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
This is like clubbing a baby seal :D I like Ringo, but given the forum and his lack of songwriting, I'm surprised he's gotten any votes!

-Austin

bilbal

This is like clubbing a baby seal :D I like Ringo, but given the forum and his lack of songwriting, I'm surprised he's gotten any votes!

-Austin
I'm with you. What would possibly make someone choose Ringo over George?

Polynitro

Ill take Harrison's kid he sounds/looks just like him.
Sure he looks like him, Julian Lennon looks very much like young John but that Starkey kid is an amazing drummer! I didn't even know who he was when I saw him with The Who but that kid is Keith Moon.

bostonwal

Without Ringo's sense of humor that band would be absolutely insufferable and make make Bono look humble. I can't see how the value of that is lost on people here.

Just like Charlie Watts but in a different way. Charlie is the only one who brings a sense of dignity to the Stones.

(On a sidenote Bernard Purdie claims he was hired to redo many of Ringo's drum parts since Ringo's timing was, apparently, an issue. I've only seen this mentioned in an interview with Purdie. not sure why such a celebrated player who's played on half of the recordings out there would lie about something like this...)

(On a sidenote Bernard Purdie claims he was hired to redo many of Ringo's drum parts since Ringo's timing was, apparently, an issue. I've only seen this mentioned in an interview with Purdie. not sure why such a celebrated player who's played on half of the recordings out there would lie about something like this...)
He's lying.

Trending Topics