Hartman 2 stage Fuzz review

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Strat58, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi I have tried the Hartman now on severall ocassion and its stand realy out. I use a Super Chili Picoso to boost the volume a bit, not that its need it but I like to have so volume control to play lead. I use the silicon side for playing those old Hendrix songs (watchtower,Hey Joe,Little Wing) and use the germanuim side to play the rest (Born To Be wild and Cream songs). Its realy does a good job for those vintage types of rock music, but more its sound precise for that era, very good Fuzz sounds from fericious lead tones to nice clean parts (Blue Jean Blues (germanuim side).
    Its the only Fuzz I have found in wich I can adjust the gain knob and still get nice tone sout of it. The germanium side is true guitar bliss and cleans up nice with mine volume and turn to max it realy screams:). The silicon side can sound realy over the top, so I back down the gain a little (could be mine buffer in mine wah is set to high), I use this for Hendrix songs and it realy nails that Voodo Chille sound, together with the Area51 its sound unreal. I truly think that Hartman made a pedal in wich many people can find sounds they like, its sturdy made you can drop it and it still works.
    So try one out when you see one, its almost always soldout and I was lucky to find one here in Holland. Think I am also going to order a Hartman treble booster. Its great value for the money.
    Peace Strat58

2. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi I have forget to tell you folks wich guitars and amp I have used.
    Gibson VOS Les Paul R8 and Fender vintage reissue Stratocaster 62 and 57 a Fender 52 reissue Telecaster and Gibson VOS Le sPaul Junior R7.
    For amps I have used Marshall Blues breaker and Fender reissue Deluxe Reverb.
    Peace Strat58

3. Teahead

Teahead Member

Sounds great, thanks for taking the time to relate your findings! I have a Hartman NKT275 on the way, even though I really prefer the BC108 clips, the NKT was selling used and I took a chance on it. Since I already use the Candy Apple Fuzz for the nastier stuff, I thought I'd get more variety with the NKT. Thanks again!

4. Teahead

Teahead Member

Oh, by the way. I've heard something of the NKT fuzz not reaching unity gain, even with both controls at maximum, is that true in your experience? I've never had a fuzz that didn't boost the signal at least a little when fully cranked and can't see the Hartman working for me if it doesn't.

5. Strat58

Strat58 Member

HI I tried the Hartman on mine Fender Deluxe and Marshall Bluesbreaker as stand alone OD and its has enough gain for me, sometimes I use the SCP for leadboost but the gain is enough. The Fuzz is truly wonderfull sounding nice liquid Fuzz sounds from it.
    Peace Strat58

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

How about the volume though? Is it loud enough on it's own?

7. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi oh yes it has enough volume on its own, I have tried it with the Marshall on 3 and I had to lower the volume of the Fuzz.
    Peace Strat58

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

sounds like a cool pedal...I have an 8VA which I havn't used in awhile...I brought it out the other day and once it again brought a smile to my face...I am going to be building a second pedalboard with the 8VA as the focal point...great pedal...

I've wanted to try some of the other Hartman pedals but I just don't use fuzz all that much...

Chow,
    Seegs

9. Strat58

Strat58 Member

HI well I am going to try out the treble booster and the compressor so I will let you know :)
    Peace Strat58