Hartman Flanger. Was there a fix for the noise issue?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ceanat, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ceanat

ceanat Supporting Member

I have done a few searches on the net and it seems hartman may have sent a replacement chip or something. Anybody know anything?

2. ceanat

ceanat Supporting Member

Resolved . Was the power supply that was creating clock noise :dunno

3. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

I had a little clock noise with mine at home, but it was quiet at shows...just figured it was something in my power at home.

4. jmcdona

jmcdona Supporting Member

I wasn't aware of any fix. I bought two over time, and both were too noisy to keep around, particularly when stacked

5. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Member

It might be the power source, but I had to investigate the source of the clock noise with mine and I discovered it did not like at all to be stacked with a Klone (voltage doubler !)
    What are the other pedals on your board ?

6. frankenstone

frankenstone Silver Supporting Member

Yah, mine is pretty silent until I engage my Digitech Drop pedal in front of it. The Hartman is sensitive to what you place before it.

7. ceanat

ceanat Supporting Member

Engaging my Keeley comp made it worse. I haven't had it on my board for awhile and pedals have come and gone. But i plugged it into a different power source the other day and no noise.

8. JedimasterPaul

JedimasterPaul Supporting Member

I have an older Hartman Flanger (SAD 1024) that seems to work OK (i.e., you get the flanging effect), save for one issue - when engaged it really , really changes overall tone, lower highs, significantly increased bass. I can compensate for this by fiddling with the EQ on the amp, but it really limits the pedal's use anywhere outside the home.

It's getting looked at right now, hopefully its nothing major and can be repaired.

9. TariqhAkoni

TariqhAkoni Member

Hi there..... I'm having a noise issue with my Flanger and was curious what you found was 'the fix'.....

Thanks

10. ceanat

ceanat Supporting Member

As was posted the fix then was a different power supply. Sorry I cant be much more help as i am running a different board now though I will say that the Hartman doesnt always play well with other pedals. I would put it first in the chain and see what happens. If it is still ticking loudly could be your 9v power supply.

triviani likes this.
  11. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

So, some have and others don't have this chip?

12. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

Mine was fine until I put a dedicated buffer pedal in front of it. Then, it was clock noise from heck.

13. TariqhAkoni

TariqhAkoni Member

Thanks.... I'm having a loud squealing noise especially at certain settings. I've actually also reached out to Theo in hopes that he might respond (we corresponded many years ago). Thanks again...... T