Has any one modded their Phase 90..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheLemon, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

for true bypass? I want have mine TB'd but I don't really know where to start.

Can somebody give me more info/pics on this mod?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. GTRICH

GTRICH Member

The mod solution is to purchase a loop pedal. Keeley makes one for like $50-60 bucks.

3. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

Loop master is a wonderful thing

4. TweedBassman

TweedBassman Member

unfortunately, unless you re-house it, the phase 90 is not a great candidate for true bypassing because it involves cutting out a section of the circuit board, and i believe cutting traces and other weird stuff.

the phase 90 does sound pretty bad in bypass, you're right. i think i might just re-house mine in a slightly bigger enclosure.

5. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

We do the new custom shop 1974 handwired Phase-90 true bypass mods and sell them new with the mods too if you don't already have one. They sound just like the old script logo pedals, Dunlop did a great job on them.

6. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

Thanks everyone I think I'm just going to rehouse it in a bigger enclosure, I really love this pedal.

Does anyone have reccomendations for where to get parts? What size enclosure?

Edit: This is going to be more work than I thought. Everything is mounted to the board: output/input jacks, power jack, switch, and led. :/

7. beej

beej Supporting Member

You don't necessarily need to change the enclosure.

I have an old script logo one. Not caring about re-sale, I changed the switch and true-bypass'd it. Also added an LED while I was at it. Works perfectly.

8. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

I really dont hear anything wrong with the bypass on the Phase 90. Maybe beacuse its placed after my bad horsie wah which has a great buffer.