Has anybody compared the Xotic SL Drive to the JHS Angry Charlie?

Discussion in 'Pedals and Effects Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by Random Hero, May 30, 2015.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

I'd love to hear a direct comparison. I have the SL Drive but the Angry Charlie is really peaking my interest.

2. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

The AC has a bigger, more compression available if you want it, that can be dialed out. They can cover a very similar territory. I use both of these a lot. If I may say the JHS is capable of a bit more gain. The SL on the other hand has quite a lot of gain itself and isn't lacking at all. The stock settings allow great Marshall tones. The internal dips make it a bit more versatile. The over all timbre of the SL is a little tighter than the JHS and it is a little more in your face. The JHS is a high gain joy and is probably my fav pedal ever. With the Xotic BB coming in second.

3. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Member

I have both; the SL is more JCM 800 to my ears, more compressed, scooped tone. The AC is a more open tone with more midrange punch, but it can get quite gainy. This is my opinion only. I like both but if I had to part with one it would be the SL.

4. John Price

John Price Supporting Member

5. Paulstarr

Paulstarr Member

6. alexLg

alexLg Member

I know it is a bit late, but I just bought both. In some days I will upload a video.

7. alexLg

alexLg Member

Finally here...