Has anybody heard of "Brian by Bacchus" guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Charles#5, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I'm looking for a cheapish Flying V and found a "Brian by Bacchus" V. It looks quite decent, but I've never heard of the brand. Would any of you know more about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Johan

2. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Thanks for the link. I know about Bacchus, not about a subbrand called "Brian" though.

Cheers,
    Johan

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

From what I gathered from some excite-translated japanese page, it is a entry line sub brand to Bacchus (sort of like OLP or Epi, but still made in Japan)

4. KenRothman

KenRothman Supporting Member

Actually, i think they're made in Korea.

There was a Brian tele at a local shop a while back, and a friend was considering buying it. It was nice, but he decided against it. BUT, in his research, he determined Korea.

5. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

http://www.aquamusic.jp/product/19

This site claims all their items are made in Japan (actually says made at Japan), might be that they moved production to Korea - could not find any official site of any kind - only this and some "vintage" japanese guitars site that had a couple LP copies tagged Brian by Bacchus

6. whitehall

whitehall Member

Bottom end Bacchus , if it's all you can afford , well get a good setup and hope for the best. Bacchus makes some beautiful guitars. I have owned some of their LP's. These are not those.

7. Shark21

Shark21 Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

This Bacchus Flying V is one of my faves. I got it for $650. Paid $100 for the headstock morph and put Lollars and push-pull pots in. Not trying to fool anyone but the guitar players in the crowd. Great mahogany V. The "Brian" models are lower end. These come up every once in a while. A friend that is a Tokai collector told me that "Brian" models are Korean made. Going with his opinion on this one. I'd wait for a Bacchus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  8. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Meanwhile I found out that the Brian V is a bolt-on, which confirms this is a lower end guitar. I want a V as a back-up only, but I'll wait for a proper set-neck one to come by. Thanks all who chimed in.

Cheers,
    Johan