1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody heard of "Brian by Bacchus" guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Charles#5, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I'm looking for a cheapish Flying V and found a "Brian by Bacchus" V. It looks quite decent, but I've never heard of the brand. Would any of you know more about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Johan

2. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Thanks for the link. I know about Bacchus, not about a subbrand called "Brian" though.

Cheers,
    Johan

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

From what I gathered from some excite-translated japanese page, it is a entry line sub brand to Bacchus (sort of like OLP or Epi, but still made in Japan)

4. KenRothman

KenRothman Supporting Member

Actually, i think they're made in Korea.

There was a Brian tele at a local shop a while back, and a friend was considering buying it. It was nice, but he decided against it. BUT, in his research, he determined Korea.

5. Schtomp

Schtomp Member

http://www.aquamusic.jp/product/19

This site claims all their items are made in Japan (actually says made at Japan), might be that they moved production to Korea - could not find any official site of any kind - only this and some "vintage" japanese guitars site that had a couple LP copies tagged Brian by Bacchus

6. whitehall

whitehall Member

Bottom end Bacchus , if it's all you can afford , well get a good setup and hope for the best. Bacchus makes some beautiful guitars. I have owned some of their LP's. These are not those.

7. Shark21

Shark21 Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

This Bacchus Flying V is one of my faves. I got it for $650. Paid $100 for the headstock morph and put Lollars and push-pull pots in. Not trying to fool anyone but the guitar players in the crowd. Great mahogany V. The "Brian" models are lower end. These come up every once in a while. A friend that is a Tokai collector told me that "Brian" models are Korean made. Going with his opinion on this one. I'd wait for a Bacchus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  8. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Meanwhile I found out that the Brian V is a bolt-on, which confirms this is a lower end guitar. I want a V as a back-up only, but I'll wait for a proper set-neck one to come by. Thanks all who chimed in.

Cheers,
    Johan