Has anybody RECEIVED an order from ampwares.com recently?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Wiz-ski, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Wiz-ski

Wiz-ski Member

Just curious....

I know I know...I didn't do my homework before placing an order at ampwares.com back on in the first week of May - lesson learned.

My question though is this - has anybody received something ordered from Ampwares.com in say the past month or so? The website says they are "shut down to get caught up on orders, and will reopen July 15th". Well, it's August 5th, and they haven't reopened. Phone numbers are disconnected, etc. Just wondering if they've shut down shop, or if they really are getting stuff out.

I've read all the "you'll get your stuff, eventually" posts, but I'm going on 3 months now.

Wiz

2. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Ampwares is getting amost as bad a reputation as Jay Monterose, Alan Hamel, and someone else whose name I shall not utter in public. PM me if you want to know.

Reminder: Buy from Ampwares at your own risk! I've bought one (1) thing from them and got it eight weeks or so later. I was torqued off to say the least.

3. Tim P

Tim P Member

I've been waiting on something since June. They have been impossible to reach by phone or e-mail.

4. Flameout12

Flameout12 Member

Careful all...I got banned for this topic. :(

I suggest a search for Ampwares and you'll find some more not-so-nice comments.

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Heh...strange thought ( I have never had dealings with ampwares, so this is no reflection on them this is a general concept)....we have TGP folk EVERYWHERE.

So it wouldn't be that hard to get someone to take a friend with a video camera, go to a vendor that nobody can reach by phone or email (that is really the cardinal sin for vendors...and honestly it is what makes the buyers nervous about their orders) and do a "20/20" knock on the door. ASK them why no one can contact, what's happening, when can folk expect their orders....put it up on youtube and let us know! If giving them a chance to answer, it can't be "dissing" some vendor, it's an interview directly with them.

6. deluxemeat

deluxemeat Member