1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has anybody tried the new MI Audio Tube Zone please ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brattmoore, Jul 3, 2006.

1. brattmoore

brattmoore Member

2. seanc

seanc Member

mine should be in this week. i will post a review when it gets here with some pics as well

3. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

I have one, I really have not used it enough to give it a good review. But it has a ton of overdrive. I have not yet dialed it in with my guitars yet. This pedal alone is a project! There is almost 0 compression. So the sound is very wide and deep. It sounds nothing like anything I have on my board now. I do think it is a cool box. And it does have a "tube like sound".

With all the settings I find myself tweaking way too much. That of course is a personal issue that I have.

4. parkerbro

parkerbro Supporting Member

where can you order a new version tube zone and how much are they? thanks!

5. Douge

Douge Member

I bought mine at guitarville.com for $179.95 plus shipping!! Great Pedal! Lot of Sounds in that one!!

6. brattmoore

brattmoore Member

How does it compared with older model, the one with 3 positions switch please ?

7. no1yuno

no1yuno Supporting Member

I got one of the original Tube Zone pedals when they first came out. Since then I've purchased three other versions. Until the newest one I preferred the original over all of them. I just got to try out the new one a few minutes ago. After trying the 2nd version I asked him to make me a custom model which was very similar to the new one. I didn't like it as much as the original model though. The new one, however, sounds really good. I'll have to try it out in a gig situation but I think I'll be using it. It takes a bit of tweaking to find the sweet spot but that's fine by me. I play a GVCG Tele through a Div. By 13 FTR37/late 60's Marshall cab w/blackbacks. I've tried just about every distortion out there and always end up preferring the Tube Zone. Of course the search never ends but it's been 2 or 3 years. I recommend it!

8. raj

raj Member

It has no compression at all?

I would like to see how you guys use it, and what you guys use it with. :)

9. Sid

Sid Member

Are the sound samples ont he site for the tubezone 3? or the older one??

10. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

I believe the sound samples are mostly of the older versions but there might be one of the newest version.

also, I heard that the tube zone has a compressed sound. anyone know more about this?

11. what?

what? Member

Michael told me that the TZ is more like a boogie rectifier distortion as opposed to marshall distortion.

12. VanStone

VanStone Member

I've had mine for several days now, and it definitly has a Mesa dual recto thing going on.

V

13. Sid

Sid Member

Hmm are the brett garsed ones of the new one???

14. gatordoc

gatordoc Member

Is the new TZ quieter than the last version? Previous one seemed okay with humbuckers but so much with single coils. However, I do like that dual recto sound! Might have to just use it with LPs.

15. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Just got one in the mail. Havent plugged in yet, but if it sounds as good as it looks.....:cool:

[​IMG]

16. gregit

gregit Member

gassy...well it looks good. how does it sound?

17. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Hahahaha...its only 3 o'clock in the afternoon here, so I havent finished work yet. Fear not - I shall report, possibly with clippage :dude

18. seanc

seanc Member

Just tried it out yesterday when i had a day off. here we go...

A lot or versitility! this pedal got me on all sorts of bases. i got (and got very well mind you) a very soft a low gain blues overdrive sound that worked wonderful with single coils.

...a very rich rock 'n' roll overdrive that made my les paul custom sound like heaven. I am also found a very muddy setting that i actaully like that worked well for rythym and the sort. It worked great a a gain and lead boost for my road king that just made soloing a treat. i found this pedal to fall into the boogie sound instead of the marshall sound which is nice because i like boogies better then marshall. i actaully hate to say that this pedal is looking like it might push my eternity off the pedal board. ITS THAT GOOD!!!

19. Leb

Leb Member

Hey Sean,
    U mean the tube zone can actually compete with the Eternity??
    Its much cheaper too rite?

Leb