Has anybody used Avatar cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by leoman57, Feb 16, 2006.

1. leoman57

leoman57 Guest

Their prices look good, the constrution and materials seem fine. Has anybody played through or owned one? I have a pair of vintage jensens that need a home. Has anybody tired an open back cab with that oval instead of the standard open back? TIA

2. bigroy

bigroy Member

They are excellent cabinets, well made and shipped quickly. Lots of folks here use them. I have a 212 that works great with both a pair of Tonespotters and a pair of Greenbacks.

3. jw71

jw71 Member

I've got a 2X12, great construction, great price, owner (can't remember his name) is a great guy.

4. M@tt C

M@tt C Supporting Member

Great cabinets, great price. I've had mine for over two years and have been VERY happy!

5. onemind

onemind Member

I have a 2x12 with a Private Jack and a Greenback, works very nicely, construction is excellent, oval port reminds me of Two-Rock.

6. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I have owned 4 different avatar cabs. 2 partial open back and 1 closed back 2x12 with greenbacks. I also use an avatar 1x12 to gig with on a regular basis. I also order speakers from Avatar as they have great prices on Celestions and Eminence. My only complaint is the fact they use wood screws to mount the speakers to the cabs instead of T-Nuts. I also converted everyone of my Avatar cabs from front loaded to rear loaded.

7. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

I have a 2x12 with the oval back, sounds great - haven't had it long enough to comment on durability, but it seems well made.

8. bscepter

bscepter Member

I have a Premier 2x12 with Celestion Blues. It's the bee's knees.

9. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

Decent construction and performance - tough to beat the "bang for the buck" ratio. I have a G212H oval back loaded with Celestions (V30 and G12H30). I've owned it for probably a year, but just started "really" gigging with it regularly a month or so ago. So far, so good.

peace,

jb

10. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

I have a closed-back 2x12 w/ Wizards. It's not a high-end cab, but it's great cab nevertheless, especially for the money. Customer service was great. If I had a complaint it would be that they don't customize, like add ports. You have a list of features to choose from, and that's it. But I'm sure not doing so helps keeps costs down.

11. gdomeier

gdomeier Supporting Member

I just purchased their Premier Vintage 2x12. The cab sounds great, looks solidly built and shipped very fast. My only complaint was the shipping box they used.

I believe this cab is relatively new to their offerings. The box it came in was their standard 4x12 box. That wouldn't have been a problem, but instead of form fitting packing materials, the spare space was jammed with various scrap pieces of cardboard. The box looked pretty beat when it arrived, but thankfully there was no damage.

12. trisonic

trisonic Member

Avatar= Great value, good customer service and extremely fast shipping. The new Premier 2x12 has a great sound.

Best, Pete.

13. samwheat

samwheat Member

i have a closed back w/ weber silver bells and a opne back w/ weber 1230-55's

i like my tone

14. jbltwin1

jbltwin1 Member

I've got one of their Delta 2-10 bass cabs that will take a boatload of power-like 700 watts or something like that. I'm principally a guitar player but double on keys and bass. Push the 2-10 and a Hartke 1-15(with the Eminence kappa pro lf 15) pretty hard at times and it sounds great and I haven't torn it up yet, which is more than I can say for the Hartke. Those plasic corners are junk>

15. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

I've got a 1x12 and a 4x12...great value, good weight. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

16. pm81

pm81 Member

1x12" owner. Great cab for me, regardless of price.