Has anyone a TIM lately?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dmbandtimmy, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their TIM lately? I ordered mine at the beginning of Feb., but I know Paul ran into some problems with the boxes. However, I'm not upset in the slightest. How could I be, the guy is super cool to deal with and he doesn't charge up front! How cool is that!

Anyways, I was just getting a little excited knowing that mine will probably be coming up soon and was just wondering if anyone has received theirs lately. Its just the GAS getting the best of me :D

2. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I spoke with Paul a week or so ago - I ordered my Tim at the end of March, so given the 8 week quote, I was assuming it was nearly done (I hadn't heard about the problems with the box finishing until I called!)

Anyways, he said about another month at leat, if not a bit more to get them done, as he was working something out with the guy who does the silk screening on the Timmy to do the same on the Tim's - which would speed things up a bit...

Brian

3. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Hey Brain, thanks for giving me the low down. Whats another couple of months? :D I just wish I didn't have GAS! :)

4. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Here's the thread you need:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=141469

Here is my post in that thread:

Anyone who wants to know the scoop on their individual order should certainly call Paul.

I spoke with Paul last night. I ordered a Tim in the first week in February via email and I called to confirm that I am on the list. I’ve never spoken with Paul prior. Great guy to talk with!

As a general PSA for all future Tim owners, Paul is waiting on Tim boxes from his paint/stencil vendor. The vendor’s machine broke and it’s being replaced. Paul is exceedingly apologetic and very concerned about getting Tim’s into owner’s hands in a timely fashion.

So maybe as a community of players, we can simply be patient and when the Tim’s arrive, they arrive.

Go play that freak’in guitar in the mean time!!

5. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Hey Billy! Thanks for posting. I did infact read that thread awhile back. I was just letting the GAS get the best of me and wondered if Paul had gotten that issue resolved. So I thought I would see if anyone had gotten one as of late. But that certainly answers my question. Thanks! :)

In the meantime I think I'll take the previous posters advice and just "play my freak'in guitar"! :dude

6. PaulC

PaulC Member

Yeah - Tim production has come almost to a stop. I'm only getting 3 or so boxes a week from the painter. It's a graphics problem. A forum member here made the silk screens for the timmy pedals, and he's working on a set for Tim. I've pushed back my vacation from Heritage so I can take it when the screens are here, and my painter has worked up a big batch. With luck I should be able to use that time to knock a bunch out and start getting back on track. I know the wait is a drag, but it really sucks on this end to!

Later, PaulC

7. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Hi Paul,

how about the Timmy's? I got on the list for one on 3/20.

Cheers,

Johan.

8. dingdongbell070

dingdongbell070 Member

I got on the list for a timmy on 2/13, can't wait :) I got a space ready on my pedalboard and everything. I heard he was coming up on febuary orders pretty soon.

9. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

spoke to paul yesterday, Feb timmys are coming very soon, probably this month, the guy who ordered in March, youll probably get it late this month/early next from what i could gather..

10. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Hey Paul! Thanks for posting. I know how it is waiting on things that are out of your control and other people are waiting on you, it does suck! I have no problem with the wait, its just the GAS getting the best of me.

I need to focus on my playing more and less on the gear, but thats hard to do :D I'm always thinking, if I just had that! :)

Thanks again!

11. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

As soon as I get the specs from Paul I'll shoot the screen printing rig out to him asap. Then it'll be Tim time again!! :drool

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

wait so can I order a Tim now or what?...Ive realy wanted to order one for a while and finally want to pull the triger, I have his number ready, written down and want to call monday around lunch, but Im worried that Pauls going to tell that hes stopped building the Tim's which would be my worst nightmare, I realy dont mind waiting even up to a year, it doesnt matter because I know its well worth it. I just went threw a similar thing with Ed Rembold and my czar gear order, I had a Eczar, Ababy and Powerglide on order and then that thing with his email messed up and all info got lost so I had to getback on the list after 3 months already!!! But when i know that a quality product is at hand I realy dont mind the wait and I know its realy worth it. Plus, in the mean time I just forget about it and then when I get the email a few days/weeks before itll ship I get sooo happy!!!...so Im gonna give paul a call and see what happens, hopefully hell want to make me a Tim and maybe a Timmy too (does anyone know where I can get the custom coloured ones? Ive seen them on some pedalboards of TGP users before)

13. Gordon_Gecko

Gordon_Gecko Member

you guys ... give the dude a break. You'll get your pedal when you get it. And if you don't, nothing lost. i waited 7 months for a TIM. I love it, but I didn't post here asking others when nor did I pester Paul.
    And my TIM is WAY cooler than any of yours could ever be... I'm gonna plug it in now!
    Cheers!
    :BEER

14. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Well, congratulations to you, Mr. Patient! You deserve a gold star and some extra cookies at snack time! Jeez - people just want to know, which is COMPLETELY reasonable, given 2 things:

1. The quoted wait time was approximately 8 week - this changed, because of things that Paul had no control over, but it still changed - and since there is no website or e-mail list to distribute this info, i think it's reasonable to post here, asking what the holdup is, and when to expect the pedals (ie. is it going to be longer than 8 weeks, and if so, about how much longer)

2. When i got on the list for a Tim, the last thing Paul said to me before getting off the phone was, "...and don't hesitate to call, even if it's just to check your spot on the list, and when to expect the pedal."

Wow - how cool of him! But here you are saying we should wait, and not bother him, right? I think it's much nicer to post here rather than calling, don't you?

Brian

15. Gordon_Gecko

Gordon_Gecko Member

Yeah I know... It's just that after seeing 36 dozen threads about when or who has gotten the Tim or Timmy, It's like... c'mon... give the guy a break. The one guy was like I placed an order blah... we all know PAUL IS GOOD ON HIS WORD AND CRAFTSMANSHIP... JUST GIVE HIM A BREAK IS ALL i'M SAYING. Yeah.. cal Paul or don't, but dangit just wait. What is the wait for a Zen or a KOT? Pauls working much harder for less money than anybody else in the pedal-making game. This kinda **** has got to drive him crazy... it would me. :BEER

Enjoy the pedal, I love mine!
    :BEER

16. carltonh

carltonh Member

I was just thinking that since there is no official Tim/Timmy site, then some fan could probably set up an unofficial website them. Maybe since it wouldn't be a sales/business site like an official one, someone could even get away with using a MySpace page for them. If one is or gets set up, then it would easy to direct people to that info site which should obviously have contact info for Paul.

If someone asks why I suggest it instead of doing it myself... I've never owned, played, or seen one, so I have no opinion.

17. Tone

Tone Member

Hey Paul,
    I have'nt been able to get ahold of you recently, but I ordered 1 Tim and 1 Timmy on 1/10/06. I never got called back I think, so should I call to check with you, or are you still working on orders from that time?

Thanks!:JAM

18. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

The pedals aren't his main job, and he's got more business than he can handle himself already, so I don't think he has any need for this right now.

If he did want a web page, I wouldn't suggest Myspace as they specifically prohibit commercial use by members (since he is selling pedals, that probably falls into that category) .. also, placing content on Myspace grants them a "non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license", which may have implications too.

19. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Last time I talked to Paul, he said that because he getting a new guy for his TIM cases out of necessity, he is really behind orders. BUT HE IS WORKING in ALL his spare time to do what he can. Like the other guy said, this isn't Paul living, he does it for fun and making great pedals for a MODEST price.... so WAIT.