Has anyone built an OLC Pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sal27941, Jan 21, 2008.

1. sal27941

sal27941 Member

Was wondering if anyone has built an OLC pedal. And what is your opinion of them

2. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

There was a thread yesterday about an English Channel build. Search "English Channel"

I have an English Channel bult by OLC and its very well made. Sounds great too, well worth the money.

3. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

The Matchless pedal was nice, gave it away after I got the OCD.

4. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I'm thinking of taking a night class or something like that in basic electronics as I am quite interested in the OLC/Runoffgroove pedals and designs. The prices of the kits are very reasonable and if I had the skills and knowhow to put some of these kits together, I think they would be alot of fun to play around with. Having to pay for someone to put them together starts to make them look less affordable though, so I either need to get some Napolean Dynamite soldering "skills" or else just keep wondering what they would sound like through my rig.:RoCkIn

5. scott1568

scott1568 Member

I just built the English Channel this weekend.A great sounding pedal when your done.

Be patient. Five pots to wire plus 4 internal trimpots with all the other circuitry. Go Slow, be patient, triple check.

6. steelplayer

steelplayer Member

I built the Umble not too long ago. It definitely takes a little patience, but imho, it's well, well worth it. I had the Umble up for sale on the emporium recently, but just played around with over the last day or two and decided it's going back into my rig. :dude

LarryW

7. sal27941

sal27941 Member

Thanks for the info. I am also thinking about the umble and the mint condition.