Has anyone checked out Battery?

malabarmusic

Battery, the drum sampling software, that is. I'm not sure if something like this would make it easier for a non-drummer to create loops and tracks (easier than in recording software a la PT, DP, etc.) or if the extra features would turn it into a nightmare. Any thoughts?

Here's the Battery info for those interested.

- DB

art420guitar

i use it in cubase SX and it rocks. i don't have a midi controller so i use the mouse with it and click the beats in, instead of going in and placing the dots in the midi map/editor, which sounds too stiff to me.

matte

Another HUGE fan of Battery. In fact, I'm rocking the entire NI Komplete bundle for OSX and it's remarkable!

sws1

I've read about this in the past, but I still don't get it.

Is it a sampler? How do you use it? Do the drum samples come with it? Are they real acoustic kits? Multi-velocity?

Does it respond to Midi?

Bassomatic

Originally posted by sws1
I've read about this in the past, but I still don't get it.

Is it a sampler? How do you use it? Do the drum samples come with it? Are they real acoustic kits? Multi-velocity?

Does it respond to Midi?
As splatt and matte point out, i believe the charm is all about the quality/hookiness/elegance of the interface, augmented by the killer sounds out of the box. Think of a killer drum machine (or MPC wha-have-you) on steroids, and you begin to get the picture.

MichaelK

I've never used Battery but what I've heard from it sounds sweet as all get-out. I use another NI product, B4, and I love it. The only problem with NI is their customer support... as I recall from a few months back, have no English language support beyond FAQs. Though that may have changed recently.

MichaelK

Originally posted by splatt
NI has had english language support lines in both berlin & southern cali, for years, without interruption
Yes, I see the numbers listed on the "company info" page. I had used the "online support form," got only a form page in German, filled it out the best I could but got no response.

Trending Topics