has anyone ever got pete Cornish to make a board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 57special, Nov 11, 2005.

1. 57special

57special Member

If so, i would love to hear your thoughts. Expensive, but his stuff works so well, and sounds so good. I would imagine it also keep it's value, though i NEVER see them up for sale used.

2. theelectic

theelectic Guest

You should send an email to the guy who runs this site:

www.tonefromheaven.com

I have seen one Cornish board used, one made for the guy from Tears for Fears. Went for under 1000 UKP on eBay UK IIRC. Then again, it was 20 years old and was still working perfectly!!!

3. lv

lv Supporting Member

57, I finally emailed Pete today about doing one, I would want something pretty basic, so if the price isn't too bad I'm going to pull the trigger.

4. 57special

57special Member

Lou,
    We should get in touch. Email me . I went so far as to get a quote from PC about 3 years ago , but couldn't get myself to spring for the Big $$. Now , of course, I'm proposing to do it when the USD has fallen 20% or so against the Euro. I emailed him about 3 weeks ago, btw. No reply yet, but i know he gets busy sometimes.

5. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

Hey Lou. Let us know the timeframe he mentions too. Should be interesting. I talked to him a few months ago about a TES and he was like 8 months off.

Luckily I bought a new G-2 before they dissapeared from earth. I heard you won't be seeing any new pedals from quite some time. :(

6. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

I talked to Pete about this a couple of years ago and he talked me out of it. The problem is that it's not a very flexible way to go. You have to know exactly what you want and be willing to live with it. You can't change the effects order either.

I considered getting an AC Wah/Mute/Boost/Splitter but realized that it wouldn't work for me, so I had him make me an AC Wah/Mute instead. The problem was that I like to use the wah first in the signal path and that's not where a boost or splitter should go. Ordinarily, Pete places the wah towards the end so it makes sense from his perspective.

I have thought that if I ever did something like this that I might break it into several smaller boards, like maybe a dirt section and a delay/boost section or something like that. You would have the option of inserting the delay/boost section in your effects loop.

Let us know what you come up with.

7. 57special

57special Member

Are you happy with your Wah? Is it worth the extra $$'s going with one of them rather than just a PC teaked Crybaby?
    Check your PM.

8. lv

lv Supporting Member

Will do. I was able to get a duplex order in about a month before he stopped taking orders.

9. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

I love it!

I enjoyed speaking with you last night.

Check your PM - some good news!

10. 57special

57special Member

PM'ed you back.