Has anyone ever seen this delay?

elron hoover

$400 is a lot for a digital delay that "sounds" analog imo... might as well just go analog at that price.

JRMagnus

It's always fun to look at a new company. The "Jolt" looks awesome.
400$ for a delay is pretty steep considering what else you can get for kind of money on the market already.

shoepedals

It's always fun to look at a new company. The "Jolt" looks awesome.
400$ for a delay is pretty steep considering what else you can get for kind of money on the market already.
I wonder if it's a real PITA to make or something. The rest of the pedals seem to be priced pretty moderately.

ufo~

Delay pedals are not easy from what I've seen and heard. That being said, $400 is a bit steep for a rather unknown company/pedal. That's enough to buy a great used DMM or ML2.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
Daytime bump for those who may be interested.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

caleb_layne

From the blurb, it seems like it's an actual analog delay, not a analog voiced digital delay, and it has a full second of delay time. Then it uses a digital clock controller to allow tap tempo and subdivisions. And it has modulation too.

So it sounds a lot like the DMM1100TT or the JHS Panther, which are similarly priced. Even comparing it to analog delays without tap tempo that have a full second of delay time, it doesn't seem totally ridiculous. I mean, it's certainly steep for a company with no reputation, but just based on what it is, it doesn't seem THAT bad.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
ACtually, he's a little under the common price for a "tap tempo" digitally controlled analog delay with 1 second. The Panther is $499, the DMMTT was $429 but you'd be lucky to find one for $600 now. Anything else out there (well, the DMB but it's not as clear as this). Looks like BBD technology with digital control just like the DMMTT or Panther.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
From the language used, I can't tell if it's a digitally-controlled analog delay or an analog-voiced digital delay. If it's analog, it's at least in range of the new Panther Cub ($350). If it's digital, then it's comparable to the ML Jr which is considerably less expensive. Either way, I think it sounds really good so I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and get some more info. I'll let you all know what I find out.

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Honey hole is an interesting name for a delay.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
So, just talked to Levi, the owner of LS Effects, he was very personable and seems like a great guy. Here's what I found out:

The Honey Hole is PT2399-based and he modeled the sound after an old Ibanez delay (I forgot to ask which one). It draws about 63mA and the jacks are IN, OUT, SEND and RETURN. All of his pedals are PTP-wired and it takes around 40 hours for him to make a Honey Hole. He also has a satisfaction guarantee and if you don't like it, you can send it back for a full refund.

Anybody in the Jacksonville area want to go and check out his stuff?

lv

Silver Supporting Member
$400 is a lot for a pt2399 based delay when you can get a skreddy echo for $259 or a timeline for $49 more.

Considering the blend was up all the way i'd think the delay would sound stronger.
If you back it off much i assume it would sound pretty weak.

mattlee0037

Yeah the blurb about it made it pretty obvious that it was a digital delay. If someone wanted this they could just build a madbean digital delay and add on a guitarpcb modulation/tap tempo daughterboard. It'd take about 60 bucks and eight hours if you took your time. Way overpriced, for what it is especially when you could nab a timeline for 50 more or a memory lane jr for 200 less.