Has anyone heard of Miyako Designs cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rev2S, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    I was looking for a 2x12 cabinet and stumbled upon Miyako Designs (http://www.miyakodesigns.com/). Their stuff looks good...here's a description from their website:

"[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Miyako Designs covered cabinets are constructed using 3/4 baltic birch ply or 3/4 premium select pine wood. All edge joints are created with half-blind dovetails, one of the strongest wood joints on the planet. These cabinets are also laterally reinforced with 3/4 inch square poplar struts. Any tolex color combination from [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Mojo Musical Supply[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] or [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Antique Electronics Supply[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] is possible. I also work with tweed and will do plain or laquered finishes. "[/FONT]

Has anyone here ever tried the cabs or heard of MD?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. gearitis

gearitis Gold Supporting Member

I saw them at the LA Amp Show a couple of weeks ago. Their hardwood cabs looked fantastic!!!

3. MiyakoDesigns

MiyakoDesigns Member

Hey guys,
    I am actually Scott Miyako from Miyako Designs. To answer your question, probably not many people have heard of my company yet because we are just getting started. Most people who are playing on Miyako Designs cabs now are either friends or friends of friends. Like gearitis was saying, the LA Amp Show was our first public display of our cabinets. Like you read on the site, we specialize in any kind of custom hardwood or covered cab. I would love the opportunity to make a custom cab for you. email me at scott@miyakodesigns.com if you have any questions. Thanks!
    Scott

4. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

They sure look amazing!:drool

5. Paul86

Paul86 Member

They do indeed. Can you post any pics of your 4X12's?

6. MiyakoDesigns

MiyakoDesigns Member

I currently do not have pictures of my 4x12's. The next 4x12 I do, I'll be sure to take some pictures.