Has anyone here bought gear they didn't actually need?

nevernamed

I have five MXR Doubleshot distortion pedals. Liked the pedal so much when it was out. Still do. Best distortion MXR ever made. Specially do turbo charged Distortion plus sounding bottom channel. This pedal was discontinued. Dont need five though. Theres all kinds of GAS problems in TGP.
I just picked one up used and gotta agree with eclipseall,this pedal really kicks ass. At first I thought it was a little odd sounding compared to my ds-1/ds-2, but after tweaking and playing with it, I've managed to dial in 2 nice distortion sounds that just blow the ds-1/ds-2 out of the water.

Pinelake

As with so many other post answers... yes. I feel guilty until I get it home. About the only thing that I buy and really need would be strings. The rest is a joy ride and experimentation in sound. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Bufferz

yes, everyone who has a buffer pedal running into thier "always-on" compressor or overdrive has done that.

JackStraw12

At least 90% of my gear gets used every day, with exception of my LP (daily trade-off with ES 339) and a Peavey Bandit that sits in my living room for friends to use when they come over. I don't really 8 variations of a glass slide though!

frankg11

I have an great pedal board with about 5-6 best in breed pedal's. Fulltone stuff, Seymour Ducan, etc. Buying a limited edition FUZZ (Bonamassa serial number 136 from this year) tomorrow.

I take the pedal board out once/twice a year maybe.

LOL

Release

Definitely. 2 years ago I was complaining about the prices of a $60 pedal thinking that was outrageous. Now I think.... oh, it's just 200 bucks?? Sweet! And 99% of the time it does the exact same thing as a $60 one and nobody other than me will notice a difference. But I need the good one. NEEEEEEEEED I tell you.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely. 2 years ago I was complaining about the prices of a $60 pedal thinking that was outrageous. Now I think.... oh, it's just 200 bucks?? Sweet! And 99% of the time it does the exact same thing as a $60 one and nobody other than me will notice a difference. But I need the good one. NEEEEEEEEED I tell you.
Haha, this ^ exactly!

King Loudness

I sold off everything when I bought my current rig so there's no duplicates. I don't "need" any of this particular rig to play, but I've found my voice...

W.

charless

Lots of stuff, mostly low-gain 'amp-like' drives. I only use 1 on my board but there are some great overdrive pedals out there these days, like the Barber line that I just have to have!

Chas

Everything I have with respect to gear I do not need. I need a home,food, etc. Wait a second I do need my G&L ASAT.

Trending Topics