Has anyone NOT liked the Rutters tele bridge...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jamison162, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

For any reasons but mainly tonally? I'm not saying I don't like it, I just might prefer my previous bridge....time will tell.

Has anyone tried it only to go back to what you were previously using (stock or otherwise)?

2. Seegs

Seegs Member

My bud uses...not sure if he still does...the Rutters and Taipan Tone stuff...he likes it...personally I have tried some of the other boutique bridges and saddles only to return to the stock Fender/Gotoh bridges and saddles...

In the end I didn't care for the differences that different hardware made in my tone...hard to put in words what but it added something but took away something like the mojo/magic as well...in the end what I was missing led me back to the stock hardware...

Chow,
    Seegs

3. mrsongbird

mrsongbird Member

Man, I love love love the compensated saddles. Those things were a Godsend when I was using a bigsby-equipped telecaster and when I bought a Nocaster, I bought another set to put on there. Those things are the cat's onesies, as far as I'm concerned. What's the deal with the bridge-- that's the one with the notched plate, right- allowing better picking access? I've never really had trouble with the traditional ashtray.

4. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I replaced the Wilkinson saddles on my Thornton Classic with Rutters and like them quite a lot. For some reason, I noticed a huge improvement in playability, but I tweaked the setup pretty thoroughly. (Just so you don't get the wrong impression, it played great when I got in from Chuck, but I can't leave a good thing alone and probably screwed it up some time ago.) I didn't notice any particular tonal difference.