Has anyone seen a Jumbo Acoustic flight case for sale anywhere.

revgsmall

I'm trying to get to the IBC in Memphis in January and want to take my Guild x-175. I can not find a flight case anywhere on the web. Anybody spot one out there? Thanks in advance.

revgsmall

I'm looking at a thing called the Clam. A case for your case kind of thing. Seems to have decent reviews. It sure is big and ugly though. I would still prefer a conventional flight case.

tartanphantom

I'm looking at a thing called the Clam. A case for your case kind of thing. Seems to have decent reviews. It sure is big and ugly though. I would still prefer a conventional flight case.
Yeah, I saw pics of that thing online... looks pretty cumbersome, but should work fine.

As an alternate idea, depending on what airline you are flying, it might be easier just to buy a seat ticket for the guitar, or possibly simply gate-check it if you already have a good hard case. I've done this before, but it really varies, not only by airline, but also by airport... Nashville airport is more musician-friendly than most, and that's where I fly out of 99% of the time. Here, gate-checking is pretty much the norm, as is onboard overhead storage, if the instrument is of reasonable size. However, with a Jumbo, overhead storage is pretty much out of the question. If gate-checking is available, it's probably the best alternative-- at least your guitar gets put on TOP of all the other stowage, and handling by the baggage monkeys is kept to a minimum. Check with your airline's representatives AT the airport you're flying from, don't just call their 800 number.

revgsmall

I'[ve got a couple of flight cases but unfortunately the fat arse Guild will not fit. I tried a couple of 335 type guitars in hopes of leaving the Guild at home. But no guitar I've played can match that thunderous hollow body sound that the X-175 has.

Flying out of Wyoming guarantees you'll have a cracker box for an overhead and I hate the baggage monkeys they are truly evil!!!!!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, that's a BIG guitar! I've got a dread flight case, but it only measures 15 1/2 across the lower bout and the Guild is 17". Good luck! Might be easier to put it in the regular case then double box it for shipping.

Trending Topics