Has anyone seen anything new from Suhr this year.. ? (Namm)

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by sdlogan9, Jan 22, 2012.

1. sdlogan9

sdlogan9 Gold Supporting Member

I am aware that Suhr was not going to attend Namm. But I did expect them to have some nice new gear for purchase in the very near future...

Where is it>?

-Shane

2. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

They were giving tours of their new factory during NAMM. I expect they will have some photos and annoucements on their site soon.
    -
    Austin

3. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

John said they'll be releasing details on the new tremolo pedal shortly. Looks very cool/feature packed, not your average trem pedal. Also, the new SSC system seems to be coming in the near future.

4. jdzialak

jdzialak Silver Supporting Member

What's new about the SSC system? I hadn't heard about this.

5. RSRD

RSRD Member

From John Suhr on another Gear page post"

Yes, we had a great party, dinner and factory opening at the new facility for our dealers and artists. We sent tour buses to pick our dealers up from the show. The dealers were able to see our display of neck shapes, Colors, Pick out wood and experience the complete Suhr build process. It turned out great, we were able to get so much done with 1/3rd the cost and in one evening. Guthrie Govan, Andy Wood, Doug Aldrich, Pete Thorn, Marco Minnemann, Scott Henderson, Muhammed Suiçmez etc were there."

So that's where he was/what he was doing. Sounded like the place to be IMO. He must have forgot to send my RSVP invite :rotflmao

6. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

the new system (since they parted ways with ilitch) will apparently be small enough to fit in a control cavity, and john says it will work even better than the original, and will cost significantly less, due to not having to pay licensing or whatever.

eventually it will be available aftermarket, and if it does what john suggests, it'll be an actual game-changer (as opposed to certain computerized pickup-switching schemes), in that any single coil guitar will be easily retro-fittable. that could totally change the market for replacement pickups, and for single coil guitars of all types, especially P-90 guitars.

7. Fons

Fons Member

So Walter, the new system is no longer at the back of the trem spring cavity cover?

8. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

I guess no word on the Suhr singlecut yet... :(

9. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

Whoa, did Mo jump ship from Ibanez and switch to Suhr? Would be interesting to see that happen! :D

10. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

No, he is just a friend of mine.:hiP

11. Husky

No the internal system used to surround the pickups under the pick guard, not any more. The Backplate system we are not doing anymore but will eventually do retro fits of the new system once we get rolling.

12. Husky

Havent forgotten about it but we did to knock down some of our backorder first. Figure with a 10-12 month back order all a single cut will do is put us in to a deeper wait period which isn't what we want to do. We want to cut down the backorder first which is why we expanded in to the new factory and increased our spray throughput. So give us 6 months to get settled and we should release the single cut.

What we did finish is the JackRabbit Trem pedal, strum/tap tempo and a boatload of features. A small buffer with an iso out and phase switch for pedalboards. 7 String with hardtail and figured tops. The new SSCII, Badger 35 and a bunch of new amps will be released around spring. The Jim Kelley amp and attenuator should be released very shortly. Most of our efforts in the last 6 months have been concentrated on moving the factory in to our own 30K sqft facility.

13. Nerd123

Nerd123 Member

:aok
    That's all fantastic news John. I saw a beautiful white Badger 30 on one of the factory party pics. Please tell me that wasn't just a show model and you guys are actually going to offer that colour in the future!? :bounce

Also if I may ask, how's progress going on the Bella Chorus? I know a lot of people are excited for that one as well. But everything comes in time :aok

14. Husky

Sure that is just a tolex option. Could even do a Black Panel with Creme lettering and Creme knobs !

The Bella is on the back burner until we get some new
    amps out. We are switching it over away from battery.

15. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

He's a cool friend to have, John! My best friend is a buddy of his so I get to hear stories though him. :eek: Mo has some WICKED chops! Love that Necrophagist! :dude

16. artguy47

artguy47 Ol' CuRmUGeOn

John;

Any word on when I can order a roasted body set neck modern? Have decided to hold off my next order until then.

17. beorn

beorn Member

Looking forward to it, but if it doesn't happen by August, you're bound to get some feedback from people about it here...

18. Nerd123

Nerd123 Member

All good things come in time :) With a back-order like the one they have, I'm surprised the even found the time to come out with all this new stuff.

19. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Wow, good news about the SSC. Was about to drop some serious (to me) coin on one (finally fed up with the hum) until recently foiled by the need to buy a more reliable gig amp. I shall await the aftermarket release (hopefully?) with baited breath...

Hope the move went well!

20. RSRD

RSRD Member

A Suhr SC.....there are gods that listen to my prayers.......