Has anyone tried modding/upgrading one of these?

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I got it couple of days ago...it was brand new and I paid $50 for it. I think it has a good foundation to be a beater guitar...was wondering what anyone might have tried to to do with one of these. The tuners are TERRIBLE...definitely have to get some new ones.

CitizenCain

Man, I'd give that a shot! I love modding cheap guitars. I'd hop over to GFS and get some tuners and a Mean 90 and go to town!

rodie

might try a new bridge if your string spacing actually looks like that!!!

modding it can't hurt, working up a list now for a buddy's ibanez gio, GFS neovin singles and a fat PAT, just to get him through for a while longer...

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
might try a new bridge if your string spacing actually looks like that!!!

modding it can't hurt, working up a list now for a buddy's ibanez gio, GFS neovin singles and a fat PAT, just to get him through for a while longer...
lol...yeah that's a terrible pic...no the strings don't look like that thankfully! Thanks guys...I'll check out what GFS has to offer. The guitar actually feels pretty good...just needs a bit of work.

BPSUL

They make a LP junior style of those maestro guitars, too.

Is it plywood? I assume yes.

cj_wattage

Is it plywood? I assume yes.
The Gibson site says "poplar with maple veneer". Poplar ain't great, but it's a far sight better than plywood. :)

I think I might pick one up and pimp it out GFS style. It's just one push-pull pot away from being semi-versatile. :banana

Trending Topics