1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

has anyone tried one of these gator rolling amp cases?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by B_of_H, Jun 2, 2008.

1. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

I stumbled upon this product the other day and i'm curious if anyone has used one.

It seems like a great idea and I could justify lugging around a 2x12 combo maybe if this things legit.

[​IMG]

gator claims it is reinforced and can be used as a stand as well.

2. HEAVENandHELL

HEAVENandHELL Member

I've wondered this myself as I have a BP30 that I don't take out much because I don't want to tear it up!

3. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Yes, I have used my Gator Rolling case for quite some time now.
    Used it for my Diezel 2x12 cab, Suhr CAA 2x12 cab even a couple of small Fender amps just for transport.
    I also have the Gator Head Rolling case that I used for my Diezel Herbert head, my Suhr Custom Audio OD-100 Classic Plus I had to modify it a little but it works really well.
    They are extremely light weight and if you need it to transport your gear like in a "Weekend warrior" kind of scenario they provide great protection.
    If you are touring musician then by all means ATA Flight/Road cases are the way to go!

4. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

i'm a weekend warrior/ one to two nights a week local type player so this is good news.

5. Sikor

Sikor Member

I have bought very similar product from Rockbag.
    [​IMG]

I use it to transport my Sovereign 1x12 combo.
    I see 3 problems:
    - side wall are reinforest, but the top is soft, so no chance to use it as a stand
    - wheels are to close to each other - not that great stability
    - handle is really loose and feel like is gonna break

If these 3 issues are designed better by Gator, then I can highly recommend it :AOK