Has anyone tried the new Fralin mini humbucker?

davidk

I'm doing a tele project and looking to put a mini humbucker in the neck, but haven't found anything on this pickup. I know it's only a couple months old, but has anyone used one or heard one?
Thanks!

hazmat33

To the OP: what bridge pup do you plan on pairing it with and what volume pot value will you use?
Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidk

To the OP: what bridge pup do you plan on pairing it with and what volume pot value will you use?
Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a bridge pickup i'm deciding between the fralin 5% over stock and a fralin blues special. for pots and wiring i've been reading up on it and what seems to me a good option is to use a 500k volume pot and use a 680k resistor from the bridge switch lug to ground. This is supposed to bring the bridge pickup back down to around 250k. I'm no electronics expert, so i'm still open to option and researching about the best way to suit a single coil/ mini humbucker configuration.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I'll be interested to hear your experience. I just bought a Fender '52 Hot Rod that I love the feel of, but wonder about different neck pickups for. It currently has a Duncan Vintage Firebird pickup, but I've had very good luck with Fralins in the past, and wonder if a minibucker wouldn't get me a bit more woody tone.

mudster

High Prairie Wrangler
Gold Supporting Member
I have not heard that pickup. My two favorite mini hums are the 76ish Gibsons that they put on the Bicentennial Firebirds and the Grosh mini-hums (which sound fanastic and sound good coil tapped too).

davidk

Awesome! It might be a little while before i complete the project. I'm waiting on funds, so meanwhile I'm researching as much as possible in hope that the process goes somewhat smoothly